Singer Sefa has reacted to a viral video in which she and Efya were seemingly captured in a sexually compromising state.
The ‘Fever’ hitmaker, was alleged to have kissed her female colleague in a viral video that made the rounds in August 2021.
In the said video, the two ladies were captured ‘leaning in’ across the opposite sides of a table in a club, whispering to each other with many saying their lips touched in the process.
This stirred controversy on social media, as the issue happened at a time when discussions around the LGBTQ community were at their peak.
A section of displeased netizens questioned their sexuality, with some directly accusing them of being lesbians.
But after a year, Sefa finds the timing right to address the issue.
Clarifying the purported kiss in a discussion with Hitz FM’s Doreen Avio, Sefa said her lips did not land on Efya’s lips as speculated.
She added that the camera angle twisted the entire scene.
Sefa insisted that she only wanted to whisper something in Efya’s ear.
“Anytime I meet someone, whether male or female, I give people a French kiss at a peck.”
“On that day, she was coming towards me and I wanted to say something into her ears, but because she wanted to say something, it landed close to her lips, but not on the lips,” she said.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display