Some aggrieved NDC members in Brong Ahafo are coming together to form a new political Party.
They allege that their action is as a result of victimization because of their support for former president Jerry John Rawlings.
A member of the new political party – the Real Democratic Patriots (RDP) – Raphael Cubagee, told Joy News that the RDP Party is working to get recognition from the Electoral Commission while it hopes to open offices next month.
“Why is it that day-in day-out NDC foot-soldiers are going about vandalizing things? Why? Why didn’t that happen during the time of Jerry Rawlings,? he asked.
Mr. Cubagee, who happens to be the assembly member for Abosuem in the Brong-Ahafo Region, said while the former president didn’t support the formation of the party, those who mooted the idea of the RDP were bent on living Rawlings’ ideology of egalitarianism.
He rejected suggestions that the activities of the group had the potential to undermine the NDC of which Mr Rawlings is the founder. “Have the NDC come out these days to say anything good about Jerry Rawlings? Have you ever heard any of the top hierarchy saying anything good about Jerry Rawlings of late?
“Am not damaging [Rawlings’] legacy, those who know better are damaging it, we believe in that legacy,” he stated.
He told Joy News’ Dzifa Bampoh that he and his colleagues were prepared to remain members of the NDC if Mr Rawlings is given his due recognition.
For now, NDC executives have declined comment on the development of this new party.
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians I know in Ghana – Prof. Stephen Adei
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Recent measures by government to revamp the economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Lemonade Finance presents Delay in “Wo si woyε musician?”
- Hubtel extends operations to the Northern Region
- NACOC seizes Amphetamine tablets concealed in café worth $1.4m
- GRA to focus on Hospitality and Tourism Sector during festive season to rake in revenue
- COVID Levy: People feel scammed – Kofi Bentil
- Sam Jonah: Extractives, climate change and energy transition: what the future holds for Africa
- Darkovibes releases new single ‘Yao’
- Qatar 2022: Ghanaians want Black Stars to exact revenge on Uruguay
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- Ashanti Regional Health Directorate engages stakeholders on Marburg virus prevention
- Conjugate vaccine in lessening typhoid burden in Ghana
- We still need to work hard to achieve our target – Otto Addo
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail