The national rugby team, the Eagles are on the verge of securing a Top 8 spot in the Rugby Africa Cup after a come-from-behind win over Algeria in Kampala on July 14.
After suffering a humiliating defeat against Uganda in their opening campaign on July 10, Ghana was in a make or break situation heading into the game against Algeria.
The Eagles produced a spirited display to overturn a horrible first half result.
Ghana, ranked 87th in the world, trailed Algeria 20-3 at half time but rallied back in superb fashion to win 22-20.
Coach of the side, Lovemore Kuzorera has explained why the team was so poor on the first half.
“We made a couple of mistakes in the first half, and I believe we didn’t settle in time but after the first half, we spoke as a team”
Captain of the Eagles, Selorm Gavor, revealed why the team was flying high in the second half of the game against Algeria.
“I think we just decided to look after the ball a bit better. We looked after the ball and kept possession instead of just giving them rights to play with the ball. We showed what we can do and did keep the ball in the end. They really enjoyed it and that’s what you want to do when the players pass and move the ball around”, he concluded.
Ghana will make it to the Top 8 of the Rugby Africa Cup if Uganda beats Algeria on Saturday.
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Playback: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- If I were a thief, I would’ve been one of the richest Ghanaians – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- NSMQ23: Nafana Presby SHS topples Berekum SHS in tie-breaker to secure national slot
- West Ham win dramatic Europa Conference League final
- Mrs Rebecca Appiah De Graft-Johnson
- CLOGSAG declares indefinite strike action in Ho Municipal Assembly
- African Border Day: Lands Minister calls for proper management of land borders
- 2023 African Boxing Championships: Black Bombers could miss out on competition
- Ofori-Atta must be supported to fully implement IMF programme – Analysts
- Crude oil contributed 3.7% to Ghana’s GDP in 2020 – EITI Report
- U-20 WWCQ: CAF releases format and procedure for Thursday’s draw
- Ugandan president tests positive for Covid
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Ghana’s energy security remains our topmost priority – Energy Minister to investors in London
- I played the role of loving wife but behind closed doors, my husband’s secret was destroying me
- I am not complicit in illegal mining trade – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Why he keeps you around even if he doesn’t want a relationship