South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has urged his countrymen to mark this year’s Heritage Day by taking up the Jerusalema dance challenge.
Jerusalema is a hit song by South African musician and producer Master KG that has been a major hit across the world. It gave rise to a shuffle dance move that went viral on social media.
Heritage Day is annual public holiday is marked every 24 September to celebrate the country’s culture and diversity.
“There can be no better way to celebrate our South Africaness than joining the global phenomenon that is spreading across the world that is the Jerusalema dance challenge,” Mr Ramaphosa said in a televised address.
“So I urge all of you to take up this challenge on Heritage Day and show the world what we are capable of.”
President Ramaphosa is challenging you to show us your best dance moves on #HeritageDay. He’s urging South Africans to do the #JerusalemaDanceChallenge next Thursday. #eNCA Courtesy #DStv403 pic.twitter.com/wBIdEGBE1c— eNCA (@eNCA) September 17, 2020
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- Women lead Indian families as men migrate
- Amanda Clinton: Elon Musk’s brain chip implants – The next step in human evolution or a nightmare come true?
- Debt ceiling deal heads to US Senate for approval
- Mourinho throws trademark meltdown after Europa League final defeat
- French Open 2023: Norrie faces Musetti and could play Alcaraz next
- Saudi Pro League can become a ‘top-five league in the world’ says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Kofi Kinaata appointed Oceans Ambassador by SDG advisory unit at the Office of the President
- Ghana hosts International Forum on Agricultural Transformation
- Harm Reduction Alliance-Ghana urges government to adopt Sweden’s approach towards a Tobacco-free society
- France influencers: Jail threat for those found flouting new ad laws
- Taylor Swift fans report ‘amnesia’ following Eras show
- Finance Minister reaffirms government commitment to economic stability to MTN Group investors
- Twitter boss Elon Musk reclaims title of world’s richest person
- US President Joe Biden trips and falls at Colorado event
- Woman jailed 2 months for stealing GH¢4,600