Audio By Carbonatix
Sarfo Abrebrese, former Sports broadcaster, is under siege following allegations he defrauded several unsuspecting victims.
The said victims trooped to the studios of Joy FM demanding a refund of their monies from the broadcaster and lawyer having failed
to provide them with the visa he promised he would.
Several thousands of dollars changed hands and the victims are in no mood to accept any explanation, nothing less than a refund.
According to the victims, several attempts made to reach Mr. Sarfo Abrebrese on phone have proven futile, as he kept changing his numbers.
Mr. Abrebrese returned from a self-imposed exile in South Africa claiming he was politically 'witch hunted' by the erstwhile New Patriotic Party government, a charge which has been dismissed by O.B. Amoah, former Deputy Sports Minister.
OB Amoah cautioned the substantive Sports Minister and his deputy to be wary in their dealings with the broadcaster.
But Sarfo Abrebrese insists he is clean from all allegations of fraud. In an interview with Joy News, he conceded some monies had to be returned following some administrative difficulties.
He refuses to accept allegations of fraud leveled against him saying, the court had cleared him of any wrong doing.
When Joy News' Evans Mensah contacted DSP Francis Baah of the Visa Fraud Unit at the CID, he said Mr. Abrebrese acted on the court's
ruling to refund monies he had collected from his clients.
He said Mr. Abebrese has been granted bail as investigations continue into this new allegations of fraud.
Story by Nathan Gadugah/Myjoyonline
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Minority Leader slams Mahama’s gov’t over…
23 minutes -
52-old-year cabbie killed in crash on Wenchi–Wa Highway
31 minutes -
Mamprugu Traditional Council calls for probe into alleged abuses linked to Bawku conflict
34 minutes -
Midie schoolchildren wade through mud daily to access education
37 minutes -
Osei Tutu SHS parents appeal for support to complete classroom block
43 minutes -
Heavy Thursday downpour inundates Cape Coast
43 minutes -
Galamsey: Conveners disappointed as police cancel street protest
46 minutes -
Rev Enoch Thompson elected Christian Council Chairman
49 minutes -
Rebranded PNC will be formidable force for 2028 elections – Mornah
54 minutes -
Ghana’s digital cedi targets cross-border trade, financial integration
58 minutes -
Traders at Kotokuraba jubilate over restoration of GN Bank’s licence
59 minutes -
Government announces support package for South Africa evacuees
1 hour -
AGI seeks incentives for renewable energy projects
1 hour -
First non-Interest bank expected in Ghana this year – BoG Governor
1 hour -
Scientist identified more B6 vitamin in Beer than previously anticipated
1 hour