Artiste Manager and entertainment pundit, Mr Logic, has advised award-winning Ghanaian rapper, Sarkodie, to be careful in his pronouncements because Ghanaians love and support his craft.
In a new interview with DJ Semtex on ‘Hip hop, Raised Me’, Sarkodie said that traditional radio in Ghana was not ready to play his songs when he started his musical journey.
“Mainstream radio in Ghana wasn’t ready to play any of my records because it didn’t make sense. We were rapping on some beat they didn’t term as commercial,” Sarkodie said.
According to Mr Logic, Sarkodie’s claim that he built his own fanbase through the internet is wrong. Mr Logic said the musician still enjoys the benefits he receives today due to the massive support mainstream media in the country offered and continues to offer him.
“Mainstream radio wasn’t ready to play my records” Sarkodie— DJ Semtex (@DJSemtex) October 9, 2021
African Rap legend @Sarkodie breaks down how he cut through & built his own fanbase.
Exclusively on the #HipHopRaisedMe podcast ⬇️
Spotify https://t.co/H3tMYDiuaQhttps://t.co/LcHAZdN37W pic.twitter.com/eOPOnNmVo4
In an interview on the Daybreak Hitz show, on Monday. Mr Logic, born Emmanuel Barnes, said Dancehall Artiste, Shatta Wale, should rather be the one to claim to have built his fanbase on social media.
“I won’t say that the media didn’t support him; the media helped him; he was loved. That’s how come Sarkodie has come so far, and he’s still here.”
“Ghanaians love Sarkodie; people are dying to have Sarkodie’s verse on their record. “The way we appreciate you [Sarkodie], don’t watch some few people who dey throw jabs and do some things to misjudge,” he entreated him.
- Provisional 2021 WASSCE results released with 3,667 candidates’ withheld
- 9 dead, several others injured in accident at Gindabuo
- NSMQ 2021: ‘Learn to lose graciously’ – Primetime replies Presec on ‘raw deal’ claims
- 2021 WASSCE: Over 45% of candidates failed in Maths and English Language
- Police issues warrant for the arrest of Nhyiaeso MP
- ‘E-levy is not compulsory; if you don’t want to pay, don’t do ‘MoMo’ – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Prempeh College’s interactive screen was locked through no fault of theirs during NSMQ finale – Primetime Limited reveals
- 2 new banks coming soon – Banking Consultant
- GOIL withdraws from Association of OMCs over accusations of government interference in fuel price review
- Adinkra Pie CEO, wife visit Otumfuo
Congratulations on your sterling 2021 WASSCE performance – GES to candidates
What is social media saying about Carlos Ahenkorah’s E-levy comment?
Ex-military man shoots 2 children over rent issues with their father
New Zealand to ban cigarettes for future generations
Mentally challenged persons invade Anaji M/A school
Burkina Faso president dissolves government
What makes a grandmother’s love so special?
Covid vaccines: Why is Nigeria unable to use its supply?
Akufo-Addo never directed GOIL to reduce its fuel prices – Egyapa Mercer
National Road Safety Authority engages church leaders on ‘Stay Alive’ campaign
Africa needs China and the US to work together
Former Malawi minister and central bank boss arrested
Nigeria to destroy expired Covid-19 vaccines
Africa cuts HIV infections, deaths but key targets still elusive
Ghana and Norway launch report on cost of piracy in Gulf of Guinea