Audio By Carbonatix
Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, the Asantehene, has expressed his willingness to attend Sarkodie’s much-anticipated Rapperholic Concert slated for September this year in Kumasi.
During a courtesy call by Sarkodie and his management team at the Manhyia Palace on Friday 18th July 2025, the King said he would be pleased to witness the event in person.
“They don’t allow me to go out often but this one, I will like to attend and watch the event myself,” Otumfuo said, showing his eagerness to be part of the experience.
The purpose of the visit was to officially inform the Asantehene of the upcoming concert and to seek his blessings and consent. Sarkodie, born Michael Owusu Addo, was accompanied by his team including his manager Angel Town and Nabil Alhassan of Event Factory.

They presented plans for the event and expressed their gratitude for the opportunity to engage with the royal household.
The King offered words of advice to Sarkodie and his team, encouraging them to remain humble and focused as they pursue their goals. He also gave his assurance of support, indicating his willingness to attend the show.

Sarkodie’s Rapperholic Concert, usually held in December in Accra, is one of Ghana’s most prominent annual music events. Taking the show to the Ashanti Region marks the second time the rapper will stage the concert in Kumasi, following a successful edition held in the region previously.
The 2025 edition is expected to draw thousands of fans and industry stakeholders, making it a significant cultural and entertainment event for the Ashanti Region.

Latest Stories
-
Trump says Canada wants ‘benefits’ of being US state after trade talks collapse
43 minutes -
TikTok to pay $400m to US in one of largest child privacy settlements
52 minutes -
Asante Kotoko management doesn’t involve me in supporters mobilization – McBrown
54 minutes -
Frustration builds in Indiana town struggling without power for 12 days
1 hour -
‘Jesus was accused; he kept quiet’ – Afenyo-Markin on Sammy Gyamfi allegation
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Accra High steals one-eighth ticket from Sunyani SHS in stunning final-round twist
1 hour -
Kejelcha breaks men’s half marathon world record by 29 seconds
1 hour -
Nkoko Nkitinkiti programme has failed – Afenyo-Markin claims
2 hours -
NDC yet to deliver key 2024 campaign promises – Afenyo-Markin
2 hours -
Adamus welcomes 12-month roadmap to revive mine, restore investor confidence
3 hours -
T-bills: Government records 162% oversubscription, interest rates slump
3 hours -
UPSA moves to turn student research into market-ready solutions
3 hours -
Presby SHS, Suhum honour late coordinator with dominant One-Eighth qualification
3 hours -
NDC Volta team tracks development projects across four districts
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: St. Monica’s SHS snatch one-eighth ticket from Amenfiman SHS in dramatic showdown
4 hours