Audio By Carbonatix
The maiden nation-wide selection process of football players for the Ghana Goal Hunt contest begins on September 10, at Bolgatanga the Upper East Regional capital.
The selection exercise which will last up to October 3 will finally wind up in Accra.
Ebo Mends, President of the Ghana Goal Hunt Incorporated who announced this at a press briefing in Accra on Thursday said 200 players will be selected after the three-week exercise across the country.
“The 200 selected players will be pruned down to a final list of 30 to be housed for the contest.
“We have acquired a 10-bedroom facility equipped with a swimming pool at East Legon to serve as the Ghana Goal Hunt House.”
He said the Tema Sports Stadium will serve as the centre for training with live television programs to be produced by South African-based Television company, AFRISAT which will be aired on three networks across the country.
Ebo Mends said that the Ghana Football Association (GFA) has made available it’s technical expertise to support the project to ensure its success.
“The GFA has offered the services of its Educational and Development Officer, Francis Oti Akenteng as the Technical Director of the contest.”
Other technical brains made up of Emmanuel Kwesi Afranie, Sam Arday and Reverend Osei Kofi will serve as Technical Consultants for the project that seeks to unearth and develop striking talents.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
2 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
2 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
3 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
3 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
3 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
3 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
3 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
3 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
4 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
4 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
4 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
4 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
4 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappearing Man City
4 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
5 hours