The Convention Peoples Party has constituted a seven-man committee to vet all six presidential aspirants vying for the party’s flagbearership position.
The committee will also scrutinize 28 other candidates seeking various executive positions of the party.
Members of the vetting committee include retired judges Justice Jones Mensah, Justice Opare Addo, Reilly Opoku, Madam Adisa Munkaila, Mrs Jane Chinebuah, R.O Frimpong Manso and Dr. Charles Vandyke, all members of the party.
The decision to constitute the committee was taken on Thursday night at a central committee meeting of the party.
The CPP closed its nominations for individuals contesting various party positions on Monday and is scheduled to go to congress on November 24 to elect a flagbearer.
The General Secretary of the CPP Professor Nii Noi Dowuona told Joy News that the vetting committee will have to agree on set criteria for scrutinizing the various aspirants.
He said all presidential aspirants will have to submit themselves to the committee and must be cleared before they will be allowed to contest at the party’s congress in November.
The CPP, according to the General Secretary, is in the process of selecting delegates for the November congress.
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Ghana will soon deploy automated traffic policing system – MTTD
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- About 700 residents in Yapei rendered homeless after rainstorm
- Vaccine and safety protocols helping to prevent spread of Covid-19 – GHS
- UEFA and Premier League hit out at European Super League plans amid reports clubs set to announce breakaway
- Ghana Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors swears in new board
- Ghana Mission in Washington, others donate $59,850 to Covid-19 fund
Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
Ghana’s economy to hit $70bn in 2021
Ghana’s investment climate attractive – Oppong Nkrumah
36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
Joint stakeholder group to examine unethical media content to be setup – Oppong Nkrumah
2 men killed as Tesla without anyone in the driver’s seat crashes into tree and catches fire
Today’s front pages: Monday, April 19, 2021
GIPC to ensure $2.7bn investment yields full benefits
Black Stars Coaches Arrears: Appiah and Akonnor paid combined $213,000
Don’t panic you will get a second Covid-19 vaccines jab as soon as possible – GHS
Cargill to begin ‘Safe Water Access’ project in cocoa-growing communities
Nana Kwadwo Jantuah: Beyond the galamsey dialogue, what next?
Teen charged in killing of 45-year-old Ghanaian Lyft driver in the US
‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia