Dancehall artistes Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale have pleaded not guilty to Offensive Conduct to Breaches of the Peace.
Stonebwoy, born Livingstone Etse Satekla, also pleaded not guilty to an additional charge of Display of a Weapon in a Public Place without permission.
Read: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
The charges were read to them during their appearance at the Agyebeng Court, Wednesday.
Read: VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy were arrested by the police on Sunday over a brawl that erupted between their camps at the 20th anniversary of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Pandemonium broke out shortly after Stonebwoy was announced the winner of ‘Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year when Shatta Wale and his team were seen going towards the stage, their intentions unclear.
Read: Stonebwoy explains why he pulled a gun on stage
Shatta Wale, born Charles Nii Armah Mensah, later claimed that he was going on stage to congratulate Stonebwoy. The two artistes were later released on Monday.
Read: It will be illogical for me to deliberately ruin VGMA@20 – Shatta Wale
The dancehall artistes, who have not seen eye-to-eye for years now, appeared in court with some family members and scores of supporters.
They both looked cheerful and responded to chants from their supporters as they walked out of the courtroom.
After the hearing, they were granted bail of ¢50,000 each with one surety and cautioned to be of good behaviour until the determination of the case.
They will re-appear in court on June 20.
Read Police statement on the charges below:
- Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in assault on Citi FM journalist
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
- Heavy downpour renders Damongo residents homeless
- CSIR wants recognition for research works
- Education Minister engages stakeholders of Christian Mission Schools over Wesley Girls’ brouhaha
Real Madrid win to keep title dream alive
GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
Liverpool boost top four hopes with win at Man Utd
Sancho and Haaland score doubles as Dortmund win German Cup
National Security Ministry to probe alleged assault on Citi FM journalists by security operatives
Government is committed to investing more in the youth – NYA Deputy CEO
NSMQ 2021: Tamale Islamic SHS denied ‘Eid-Trophy’ after Notre Dame SHS exited them at semis of Northern Zonal Championship
Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
Full text: Speaker Alban Bagbin’s message on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr
Driver arraigned over expired insurance certificate
Motorists and commuters unhappy about bad condition of Tamale Industrial area-Nyohini road
Wonder Woman star faces criticism over post on Israel-Gaza violence
Nkwanta North residents fear possible re-emergence of guinea worm infestation
Disregard purported increase in transport fares – Road Transport Operators