Audio By Carbonatix
Fresh details emerging from the alleged kidnapping of a woman in Takoradi have left many shocked.
The Ghana Police Service has confirmed that the 27-year-old Josephine Panyin Mensah was never pregnant.
This comes after Western Regional Minister, Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah made similar comments which triggered an uproar among some residents in the Sekondi.
Police have conducted investigations since her reappearance on September 21, with preliminary findings pointing to a suspicion that the victim and her cohorts could have orchestrated the incident.

In a statement issued by the Police's Public Affairs Directorate, medical experts have found that Josephine, who they now describe as a suspect, "was never pregnant within the period under review."

According to the press release, this was the conclusion reached by health officials at the Axim Government Hospital, where she has been receiving care after her reappearance.
In the Police's account, the victim indicated that she visited the European Hospital in Takoradi for antenatal assessment during interrogation.
However, Police checks from the facility suggest that Josephine "visited the hospital without pregnancy, somewhere in October last year."
It was not clear what could be the rationale behind the incident.
But the Police suspects a possible conspiracy and has arrested three other persons for further questioning.
Meanwhile, the statement signed by the Director-General of the Police Public Affairs Directorate, ACP Kwesi Ofori, also expressed concern over a seeming surge in "self-kidnapping" in the Western Region in recent times.
Many of these, the statement said, were executed to "make money out of ransoms."
"A team with support from the National Headquarters has been put together to quell this emerging crime in the Western region," the September, 23 press release stated.
The Police further assured that public of its continued investigation to bring closure to the matter while ensuring the safety of Josephine Mensah.
Latest Stories
-
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
49 minutes -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
1 hour -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
1 hour -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
1 hour -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
1 hour -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
2 hours -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
2 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
3 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
3 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
3 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
5 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
5 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
5 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
6 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
6 hours