The Tema Divisional Motor Transport and Traffic Directorate (MTTD) has arrested over 20 drivers of Burkina-Faso bound heavy-duty haulage trucks.
According to the Police, the drivers illegally parked their vehicles along the Tema motorway, in breach of road traffic regulations.
Speaking with JoyNews’ Samuel Kojo Brace, the Tema MTTD Deputy Commander, DSP Diana Sedame said “this exercise is to decongest the road.”
“This is not where they have to park. They can even cause accidents at night, especially, people driving, if they don’t know these cars are parked here, can crash into it.”
She stated that the drivers have been warned against parking there, but they failed to heed the words of the Police, noting that many of them leave their cars parked there for days.
DSP Sedame stated that the drivers would be processed for court and fined for breaking traffic regulations.
“By paying this money to the court, it will serve as a deterrent. Next time, they won’t work here,” the Tema MTTD Deputy Commander noted.
She added that Police will be stationed on the Tema motorway stretch to deter drivers from parking on the road.
DSP Sedame said if vehicles have minor faults, drivers may be allowed to park, work on their vehicles and move on as quickly as possible.
- ‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
- Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
- Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
- Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
- Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
- ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
- Playback: Newsfile discusses Ghana’s Fitch downgrade and Labianca case
- Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
- Barcelona register 4 new signings in time for opener
- Prosecution granted access to track phone calls of suspects in Asamankese chieftaincy violence
Bridget Otoo ties the knot at private ceremony
One Ghanaian delegate goes ‘missing’ after Commonwealth Games
BoG gives assurance cedi’s stability will be restored
Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie stabbed in the neck
‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
Schools under trees: Pupils of Apaaso DA Basic School near Kintampo appeal for help
Akufo-Addo, Ya-Na commend Farouk Aliu Mahama for Yendi City Project initiative
Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
Ghana’s economic rating downgrade reflects reality – Theo Acheampong
Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
Brazil winger Willian leaves Corinthians after ‘receiving death threats’