Chelsea FC captain John Terry said he is "delighted" to have signed a one-year extension to his expiring contract, terms that will keep him at Stamford Bridge for a 17th season.
Chelsea FC captain John Terry has signed a one-year contract extension with the Premier League club.
The centre-back's previous deal was due to expire next month, but his new terms mean he will extend into a 17th season a Blues career that began when graduated from the youth setup to make his senior debut in October 1998.
Terry, who joined the Stamford Bridge outfit when he was 14, has since made 621 appearances for the west Londoners and is fourth on their all-time appearances list.
Described by Chelsea as the "most successful captain in the club's history", the 33-year-old has won three league titles, five FA Cups, two League Cups, the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League and, last season, the UEFA Europa League. He has scored 57 goals in that time.
Speaking to the Chelsea website, the former England international said: "I'm delighted to have signed an extension to my contract with Chelsea, taking me into my 20th year with the club. I'd like to thank the fans and club for their continued support, and the manager, who was instrumental for me last season."
- I’ll walk naked to Parliament to protest the anti-LGBTQ bill if it’s approved – Mother of transgender singer affirms
- Anti-LGBTQ Bill won’t meet constitutional test going forward – Dr Poku Adusei
- Anti-LGBTQ Bill: We are making it a crime for anybody to attack any known gay person- Dafeamekpor
- Homeland Study Group Leader, Papavi reported dead
- Embassies’ denial of visas over Anti-LGBTQ bill amounts to imperialism – Economist
- Samson’s Take: Stop hurting with your bad attitude at work
- Anti LGBTQI+ Bill: Does the NDC have one face at home and another face abroad? – Prof. Emerita Manuh asks
- Killer lamps removed from 1,418 vehicles in one week – NRSA
- Nothing will change about fuel prices – CEO of Bulk Oil Distributors
- Don’t misconstrue groups against Anti-LGBTQ Bill as supporters of same-sex related activities – Dr Poku Adusei
US Christian missionaries kidnapped in Port-au-Prince – Reports
Over 800,000 Ghanaians fully immunized against Covid-19 – GHS
Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward ‘the best player’ in the world, says Jurgen Klopp
Paul Pogba: Man Utd need to ‘change something’ after loss to Leicester
ECOWAS deploys 55 observers to Presidential election in Cabo Verde
Ghana’s Sustainable Financing framework published on Finance Ministry’s website
Livestream: Church service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Human Rights advocate urges Ghanaians to be circumspect with discussions on LGBTQI+ bill
Proscribed lamps removed from 1418 vehicles in one week – NRSA
TECNO Brings Ultra-steady and Ultra-clear Gimbal Camera Phone CAMON 18 Premier
“You’ve all been cowed” – Mahama criticises media for not probing corruption allegations against government
Two-month tax waiver on fuel products “unconstitutional and populist” move – Dafeamekpor
Anti-LGBTQ Bill: We are making it a crime for anybody to attack any known gay person- Dafeamekpor
Reality zone with Vicky Wereko: No quarantine, doors open – UK says you may come, but……
Nurses, midwives and relatives saw my son as a girl – Mother of transgender recounts