The government on September 1 re-opened the Kotoka International Airport to international passenger traffic, after five months of closure.
This also meant that all travellers coming into Ghana by air are required to have a PCR test 72 hours prior to their boarding. Back home, passengers are also expected to pay $150 (¢868) for another Covid-19 test after landing.
Today on The Lockdown, the host, Emefa Apawu and her guests are discussing the issues surrounding the reopening of the airports.
Joining the host is the Deputy Health Minister, Dr Oko Boye, and the Managing Director of the Ghana Airports Company Limited, Yaw Kawkaw.
Viewers can send in any and all questions they have to JoyNews via the WhatsApp line 0244340437 and to all JoyNews’ social media platforms.
The Lockdown will come off at 7:30 pm on JoyNews TV. It will also be live on MyJoyOnline.com, Joy FM, and all JoyNews’ social media handles.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Livestream: PM Express discusses NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong