The Police Ladies Association (POLAS) as part of its 70th Anniversary celebration has received a GH¢100,000 support from the UMB Bank.
The colorful ceremony which was held at the forecourt of the police headquarters in Accra was well attended by both serving and retired members of the police service, Dr. Zanetor Agyeman Rawlings, MP for Korle Klottey constituency, captains of industries, sister organisations from other security organizations including the Ghana Armed Forces, the customs division of the Revenue Authority, the Prisons Service, the police service and EOCO.
The Chief Executive Officer of UMB, Nana Dwemoh Benneh in his presentation to the National President of POLAS and Director General of the Economic and Organized crime, Madam Tiwaaa Addo-Danqauh, said’’ the pride of every bank is its customer base, and in POLAS we have the most excellent customer indeed’’.
He further noted that in this same year, UMB was also celebrating its 50th Jubilee and so the celebration is felt more keenly.
He indicated that since 1972, the bank had taken great pride in serving Ghana, especially the public sector. ‘’ We will continue to take great pride in serving the police service and POLAS and look forward to offering bundled services including insurance and recruiting packages to our most diligent and hardworking citizens in the forces he added’’.
Recounting the history of POLAS, Madam Tiwaa-Addo-Danquah noted ‘’ Female participation in policing in Ghana began in 1952 when the first 12 ladies were recruited into the service. Since then ladies have served the colours diligently in the service, though constituting 28% of the service in strategic, tactical, and operational roles across board. This impact has been felt not only in Ghana but has brought to bear on peacekeeping missions abroad.’’
The Inspector General of Police, Dr. George Akuffo Dampare, in a speech read on his behalf by Commissioner of Police (COP) Christian Tetteh Yohunu congratulated POLAS for their anniversary.
He admonished POLAS to continue to align and support the transformation agenda of the service.
Mr. Ambrose Derry, the Minister of interior speaking through Mrs. Adelaide Annor-Kumi, Chief Director of the Ministry of Interior earlier launched the anniversary.
The minister used POLAS to continue living true to their motto ‘’ ARISE’’ to continue to work towards full gender equality in all things related to the service.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Majority leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’
- Teachers are poised to teach, but no logistics – GNAT
- Sex is a very healthy aerobic exercise – Dr. Yaw Osarfo
- Four men jailed for molesting a teenager at Agogo
- ‘I’m excited to show everyone at Southampton what I can do’ – Kamaldeen Sulemana
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu