Bishop Herman College on Saturday climaxed its 70th anniversary celebrations in Kpando.
The leading second cycle institution in the Volta Region, Bishop Herman College was established in 1952 and like most Catholic institutions, has remained a single sex (boys) school.
The school has maintained its strength on the National front with recent achievements including the overall best in the maiden edition of the National Robotics Contest held at the Kofi Annan ICT Centre out of 15 participating schools from the southern zone of the country, along with other awards.
They are also the reigning Volta/Oti Zonal Champions of the prestiged National Science and Maths Quiz where they earned a coveted seeded spot this year (2022).
Bishop Herman also remains a force to reckon with in sports in the region.
The Platinum Jubilee was commemorated under the theme ‘Excellent Secondary Education Delivery in the Midst of Covid-19: Prospects and Challenges.
Dr. Setor Osae who is the President of the old boys union, decried the poor infrastructure of BIHECO and urged all old boys to rally behind an old boys driven agenda to “return Bishop Herman to its former glory”.
Delivering President Nana Akufo-Addo’s speech on behalf of the First Gentleman, the Dean of Volta Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives and DCE for Afadzato South, Etornam Flolu promised to upgrade the College’s infrastructure to the status befitting its profile.
The headmaster of the College, Dominic Kudolo, addressing the gathering, touted the academic laurels of Bishop Herman and also re-echoed the need to repair the dilapidated giant block of the College.
The celebration drew old boys from near and far who returned to partake in the commemoration of their alma mater’s anniversary.
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- Managers of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall arrested for tax violations
- Let’s not abandon ‘Azonto’ genre in music – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Kwabena Kwabena celebrates Agya Koo Nimo on 92nd birthday
- Modernisation and harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – MTN Group CEO
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- $350k STEM project inaugurated in Accra
- Alan is a servant leader – Rev Ampiah-Kwofi
- Economic activity moderates; but business, consumer confidence improves – BoG Governor
- Assist police to bring perpetrators to book – MP appeals to Krofrom residents
- Banks profit fall by 18.9% to ¢3.9bn in 2022
- Exposé on school placement: I’m appreciative of your investigations – Education Minister tells Fourth Estate
- Attorney-General touts Ghana’s strong human rights record at un in Geneva
- ‘Placement for sale’ exposé the greatest evidence of SHS placement fraud – Peter Anti