Real estate developers Waylead has presented 20,000 medical-grade nose masks to the Ghana Police Service and Ghana Medical Association.
The items are the company’s contribution to the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Keegan Wang, the Chief Operating Officer of Waylead, who presented the items at the police headquarters, said the company found it obligatory to help frontliners in the fight against the virus.
“We know the police risk their lives and work hard to enforce social order on the streets in this covid period and doctors are doing same to save our lives.
“That is why we are presenting these equipment to you the police and our doctors,” he said.
Mr Wang said as a global pandemic, the virus required the contribution of everyone to fight.
He said Waylead, in addition to making the presentation, was also offering 10% discounts on their houses to frontline staff in the fight against the virus.
The company, he said is also offering furniture or home appliances to those frontline workers who purchase their flats or houses in 2020.
In this Covid-19 period, Mr Wang said socially responsible companies must make sacrifices to help people live through the difficulties.
He said Waylead, in spite of the slump in sales had decided to maintain its staff as a way of alleviating any hardship they would face if they were sent home.
“If we work together, we can defeat civd-19,” he said.
COP Nana Asoma Hinneh, Director General, Police HR, received the donation and thanked the company for its generosity.
- 2 tigers belonging to businessman Freedom Jacob Caesar scare Ridge residents
- Having sexual intercourse while standing can cause stroke – Health experts warn
- Achimota Forest saga: We have suffered ‘grave historical injustice’ – Owoo family
- Medical Director robbed while conducting surgery
- Why #DampareMustGo is trending on Twitter
- Hospital dismisses claims of Osinachi’s corpse singing ‘Ekwueme’ at night
- My last birthday gift to my husband was sex
- Kwabena Agyepong denies receiving car bribe from Ibrahim Mahama to keep NPP in opposition
- ‘Until AshGold and Kotoko play, no other match will be played’ – Nana Yaw Amponsah
- ‘Do not get pregnant because of love’ – Yvonne Nelson
Asabee tours Ashanti Region ahead of national executive elections
Businesses should reduce cost, not cut cost – Financial expert
BoG should not rush into increasing the policy rate – Badu Aboagye
North Korea: Fighting Covid with tea and saltwater
Rihanna and A$AP Rocky welcome first child
Sunyani East MP hands over two classroom blocks to schools to aid teaching and learning
‘I was never credited for writing Sista Afia’s songs’ – Ayesem
Crystal Palace lose a game for the first time after Jordan Ayew scores
Asamoah Gyan returns to music after long hiatus
Komenda Sugar Factory to import raw sugar for processing – Board
Roads Minister fumes over shoddy work done on Nsuotem Bridge in Efigya Kwabre North district
Education must be holistic to cover all aspects of life – Presby Church Moderator
Playback: PM Express Business Edition discuss the cost of doing business
GPHA congratulates Director-General on his election as IAPH Vice President, African region
Too much intake of salty foods is detrimental to your health – Health expert