The Ghana Medical Association (GMA) has urged healthcare professionals to handle patients under their care with utmost respect.
The GMA said the trust and loyalty that exist between a healthcare worker and a patient must be upheld at all times.
This is according to the General Secretary of GMA, Dr. Titus Beyuo.
According to him, when a patient comes to a doctor or any other professional in that field, it presupposes that a contract of trust, respect and loyalty has been signed between the two.
He, therefore, urged healthcare workers to endeavor to adhere to this contract at all times.
“The relationship between a doctor or a healthcare worker and a patient is hinged on some factors. It is a relationship of trust because people trust you with their lives, with their health and you must handle that relationship with care. It is also a relationship of knowledge which means that you the one handling me, you know what you are about, you are a professional and I can expect that. So that’s the kind of contract they have signed with you by coming to you and there is respect and some bit of loyalty,” he said.
Dr. Beyuo made this known on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show (SMS) on Wednesday, July 27.
The discussion centered on experiences patients go through at the hands of healthcare professionals when they visit the clinics and hospitals.
It was borne out of the theme for the 22nd Annual Public Lecture of the Ghana Medical Association, “Healthcare Worker-patient Relationship in contemporary times.”
The Public Lecture will be held at the Volta Serene Hotel in Ho on Friday, July 29, 2022.
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback