In appreciation of the media’s influential role in its success over the last 15 years, senior executives of Fidelity Bank Ghana, led by its Managing Director, Julian Opuni, have engaged with editors from key media houses to thank them for their support.
The engagement, which was held at the Head Office of Fidelity Bank at Ridge – Accra, also served as an opportunity for the management of the Bank to tell the Bank’s success story and elucidate its future plans as it celebrates 15 years of Banking Excellence.
During the engagement, Mr. Julian Opuni highlighted the history of the Bank, noting that the Bank’s success is attributed in a large part to the ethos established by its founders – a customer-centric approach and a commitment to creating value for all stakeholders.
Mr. Opuni added that Fidelity’s success story proves that Ghanaians can achieve global standards of excellence right here in Ghana with the right mindset, focus and determination.
Commenting on the Bank’s support of the SME sector, Mr. Opuni noted that “As the largest privately-owned Ghanaian bank, we feel we have an even larger role to play in the SME space. We have therefore over the years invested in this area; accordingly, we established the Fidelity SME Academy to help SMEs build their capacity. We also launched the Fidelity Young Entrepreneurs Fund to support youth-led businesses with access to finance and non-finance resources among many other initiatives.”
He also reiterated the Bank’s burgeoning partnership with Development Bank Ghana as a means to provide further financial muscle to the nation’s vibrant and growing SME sector.
To round up his exposition on the Bank’s progress over the past 15 years, the MD highlighted notable milestones chalked with respect to the Bank’s sterling financial performance, myriad global and local recognitions as well as the various outstanding initiatives introduced by the Bank to support economic growth and financial inclusion.
He noted that these successes have been possible as a result of the collaborative efforts of the management team, staff and all stakeholders of Fidelity Bank Ghana.
Mr. Opuni also commended the media for its unflinching support for Fidelity Bank throughout the Bank’s meteoric 15-year journey. He expressed the belief that with the continued support of the media, the Bank would continue to rise and emerge as a dominant continental and global force in the ensuing years.
He stated: “We value the work you do as the media because we acknowledge that without your support, we may never have been able to publicise our products and services as well as the good work we do for our customers and Ghanaians in general.”
On their part, the editors expressed gratitude to Fidelity Bank for the opportunity to interact with its management team as it charts the way forward.
They pledged their commitment to continue playing their critical role to tell positive stories regarding advances in the nation’s finance and banking sector, and serve as watchdogs to ensure ethical propriety, transparency and excellence.
The Management of the Bank announced that in the coming weeks, it will launch a social impact initiative dubbed ‘Orange Impact’ in line with its culture of giving back to society. The ‘Orange Impact’ initiative will also serve as means of saying thank you to Ghanaians for keeping faith with Fidelity Bank.
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Swansea fans clamor for Andre Ayew return
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Kwabena Kwabena celebrates Agya Koo Nimo on 92nd birthday
- Modernisation and harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – MTN Group CEO
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- $350k STEM project inaugurated in Accra
- Alan is a servant leader – Rev Ampiah-Kwofi
- Economic activity moderates; but business, consumer confidence improves – BoG Governor
- Assist police to bring perpetrators to book – MP appeals to Krofrom residents
- Banks profit fall by 18.9% to ¢3.9bn in 2022
- Exposé on school placement: I’m appreciative of your investigations – Education Minister tells Fourth Estate
- Attorney-General touts Ghana’s strong human rights record at un in Geneva
- ‘Placement for sale’ exposé the greatest evidence of SHS placement fraud – Peter Anti
- ‘There’s nothing socialist about Nkrumah – 99-yr-old diplomat recounts
- Fiscal measures to help restore debt sustainability, cut inflation, stabilise cedi – MPC
- Young entrepreneurs in Ketu South Municipality sensitized on AfCFTA