Veteran actor, Kofi Adjorlolo, says women have significantly contributed to the massive growth of the Ghanaian movie industry over the years.
Speaking to GNA he stated that women playing prominent roles in films inspires the younger generation.
Mr. Adjorlolo added that this practice has aided in telling the Ghanaian story better.
He said this at the nominee announcement of the 2021 Ghana Outstanding Women Awards (GOWA) where the likes of Yvonne Nelson, Mercy Asiedu, Christiana Awuni, Gloria Sarfo, Bernice Asare, Phillicitas Kyei, and Ellen White have all been nominated for the Outstanding Woman in Film category.
Speaking at the sidelines of the nominee announcement, Mr. Adjorlolo stated that, “women, in general, deserve all the motivation to make society a better place considering the impact they make in their respective endeavors. For women in the film industry, the roles they play enhance the beauty of the story considering how Ghanaians tell their story.”
‘Their presence in our movies enhances motherhood and we can’t certainly do away with them and their impact on the industry has been very phenomenal and they deserve this recognition.”
He lauded ASKOF Productions, organizers of the awards, for taking such a bold step in recognizing the efforts being made by women in the movie industry and society in general.
Mr. Adjorlolo welcomed the government’s $25 million investment in the film industry.
He prayed that monies allocated would be used judiciously in order to make Ghanaian films gain the needed traction, especially at the international level.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue