Returnee head coach, Milovan Rajevac has named a provisional list of 32 players for Ghana’s World Cup qualifying game versus Zimbabwe.
The Black Stars will host their Zimbabwean counterparts in Cape Coast before traveling to Zimbabwe to play the return fixture.
Milo, who makes his return after qualifying Ghana to the World Cup and seeing the Black Stars through till the quarter-finals, kept to his word from his unveiling and did not make wholesome changes to the squad.
Just like his first stint, the 67-year-old has called up a mixture of old and new entertaining players to the squad. Amongst debutants in the list include Jojo Wallocott, a goalkeeper from English League Two’s Swindon Town.
24-year-old striker, Benjamin Tetteh on loan at Yeni Malatyaspor also receives a debut invitation to the Black Stars team, after representing the country at the youth level.
Kotoko pair, Danlad Ibrahim and Ismail Ganiyu make a return to the squad. Hearts of Oak skipper, Fatawu Mohammed loses his place.
Arsenal’s Thomas Partey, who missed a place in the squad last time out, returns after being sidelined by injury.
After a year of absence, Alfred Duncan of Fiorentina makes his return to the national team squad.
Daniel Kofi-Kyereh of St. Pauli’s Bundesliga 2, who sparked lots of conversation after making the squad in Akonnor’s last invitations, maintains his place as Braydon Manu loses his place.
Ghana have a double-header against Zimbabwe in the next round of qualifiers in October. The Black Stars will take on the Warriors on Saturday, October 9 at the Cape Coast stadium on match day three of the qualifiers before traveling to Harare three days later for the reverse fixture.
Ghana’s Provisional squad:
Lawrence Ati- Zigi (FC St. Gallen), Richard Atta (Hearts of Oak), Ibrahim Danlad, (Asante Kotoko), Jojo Wallocott (Swindon Town)
Defenders: Philemon Baffuor (Dreams FC), Andy Yiadom (Reading FC), Ismail Ganiyu (Asante Kotoko), Gideon Mensah (Bordeaux), Baba Abdul Rahman (Reading FC), Daniel Amartey (Leicester City), Joseph Aidoo (Celta Vigo), Jonathan Mensah (Columbus Crew), Alexander Djiku (Strasbourg).
Midfielders: Thomas Partey (Arsenal FC), Baba Idrissu (Real Mallorca), Alfred Duncan (Fiorentina), Emmanuel Lomotey (Amiens), Mubarak Wakaso, (Shenzhen FC), Mohammed Kudus (Ajax Amsterdam), Majeed Ashimeru (RSC Anderlecht), Daniel Kof- Kyereh (St. Pauli), Abdul Fatawu Issahaku (Steadfast FC).
Forwards: Andre Ayew (Al Sadd SC), Kamaldeen Suleymana (Rennes), Tariq Fosu-Henry (Brentford FC), Joel Fameyeh (Orenburg), Yaw Yeboah (Wisła Kraków), Samuel Owusu (Al-Fayha FC), Jordan Ayew (Crystal Palace), Caleb Ekuban (Genoa), Emmanuel Gyasi (Spezia), Benjamin Tetteh (Yeni Malatyaspor)
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Housemate to be charged over murder of LGBTQ activist
- Idris Elba in talks to open film studio in Tanzania
- Nigeria election 2023: The oil land with no electricity
- Pope in DR Congo: ‘Hands off Africa’ says Pope Francis in Kinshasa speech
- Empire Builders staff appeal to government to protect them, prevent sale of their lands
- Jorginho moves from Chelsea to the Gunners in a deal worth £12m
- Chelsea agree British record £106m fee for Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez
- DDE: State regulators accommodating fiscal slippages is what has brought us here – Prof. Bokpin
- “He Only tried to get the best of his trip” – Stonebwoy on Meek Mill Jubilee House video
- Paramount Chief of Sunyani, queen mother cited for contempt of court
- DDE: Don’t fret, you can self-exempt – Senyo Hosi to individual bondholders
- Nathan Aidoo: An interview with Yaw Nsarkoh
- SIGA targets 25% contribution to GDP by SOEs in 2023
- First male principal leads St. Monica’s College of Education
- Education Minister to appear before Education Committee of Parliament over ‘Placement for Sale’ documentary