Audio By Carbonatix
Ghanaian Hiphop artiste Yaw Tog has addressed the lingering rumours and speculations about his relationship with the famous Asakaa Boys.
He spoke in an interview on Cruise Control on Hitz 103.9 FM on Tuesday, October 21, 2025, expressing surprise at persistent claims that he was a member of the drill music group. However, the rapper has clarified that his involvement with the group was strictly a mere music collaboration, and nothing else.

“I went to their studio to make music, and after everything, I went back into my circle to focus on myself”, he told host Kofi Hayford. “I don’t know why Ghanaians labeled us as a group.”
Yaw Tog’s comments come on the back of renewed online debates that allege that he was once a member of the group but ditched it after gaining fame. The ‘Sore’ hit-maker has previously acknowledged the role Asakaa Boys played upon his emergence in the music scene, but maintains that, contrary to popular belief, he has always been a solo artiste with the determination to carve his own path.
Yaw Tog further intimated on the show that his journey as an independent artiste has been quite revealing and one of evolution. The intention to redefine his sound and image is evident in his latest EP, ‘Tog City’ launched on October 17 – a 7-track project which features Darkovibes, The man Sudais, and Bhimnation president Stonebwoy, the latter of whom he has collaborated with twice this year.
The ‘Tog City’ project is a collection of diverse genres, including drill and Afrobeats, and reflects Yaw Tog’s growth from a teenage prodigy into a more refined and mature artist. It is a true testament to his versatility and renewed focus.

Latest Stories
-
Divers recover bodies of seven Chinese tourists from bottom of Lake Baikal
4 minutes -
From windstorm to resilience: How Wa school is growing climate protection
41 minutes -
Reclaiming the Garden City: Dr. Kwame Adinkrah urges Kumasi to rein in billboard proliferation
52 minutes -
Bursar of Ghanata SHS arrested for alleged diversion of student food supplies
56 minutes -
Trump says he will increase global tariffs to 15%
1 hour -
Bogoso-Prestea mine records first gold pour after 24-month shutdown
1 hour -
Ghana–ECOWAS talks end with renewed push for women and youth political inclusion
2 hours -
Interior Minister receives Hudai Foundation food donation for prison inmates during Ramadan
2 hours -
UBIDS to benefit from pre-fabricated US$6.6m 1k capacity classroom project
2 hours -
Interior Minister launches Automated Fire Safety Compliance System to enhance public safety
2 hours -
Africa must lead climate intervention conversation – Experts
3 hours -
Ghana hosts high-level ECOWAS meeting to boost women and youth political participation
4 hours -
Canada looks to trade talks after US Supreme Court tosses Trump’s tariffs
4 hours -
Ghana, Burkina Faso sign 7 cooperation agreements to deepen bilateral ties
4 hours -
Duraplast supports Accra sanitation drive with donation of 20 waste bins
4 hours
