Ghana is to receive more private businesses and investments through the 2020 Partnership Initiative with Africa launched by the German Government, Mr Christoph Retzlaff, the German Ambassador, said on Thursday.
He said the initiative would create jobs and infrastructural development as well as enhance economic growth.
The German Ambassador said this at a lunch meeting with the Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, in Accra on the theme: “Deepening Economic Ties between Ghana and the International Community Dialogue with German Enterprises on the Business Climate in Ghana”
The meeting was organised by the German Industry and Commerce in Ghana and Konrad Adenauer Stiftung to discuss how the private sector could partner the Government to promote economic growth.
Mr Retzlaff said the co-operation between Ghana and the Germany Business Community would aid government in achieving its vision of accelerated economic growth.
He commended the Government for putting business first in its agenda as it would ensure sustainable economic development.
The Ambassador said the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, would host a conference of selected African leaders, G-20 leaders and some civil society organisations on June 13, in Berlin, to discuss development co-operation and conclude the 2020 Compact Initiative with Africa.
The Vice President said government would organise a conference in May to brainstorm on how best to resolve the port inefficiencies.
He said the forum would inform government’s policy decisions and facilitate radical reforms at the port to eliminate the interface and human contacts resulting in corruption.
He explained that the inefficiencies and corruption at the port was making the Government lose a lot of revenue.
Vice President Bawumia added that there would be another stakeholders’ forum, this year, to discuss challenges in the mining sector for a clearer understanding on the challenges which would inform government’s policy decisions.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Live: Fire and fury at Tarkwa after truck kills teenager
- Joy News' presenters help free 'arrested' RTI coalition member
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: 50-yr 'dead' rail sector will be alive next year - Finance Minister
- Education Ministry promises major facelift for technical universities
- STAR-Ghana Foundation launched to promote active citizenship
- One Stop Center an advantage for abused children - World Future Council
- Update: The Finder editor released
- Juaben Traditional Council hands over 2 flats to police
- 'We don’t care about 2019 budget' – Spare parts dealers