Flag bearer hopeful of opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Goosie Tanoh is expected to pick up nomination forms at the party headquarters in Accra Saturday.
Goosie Tanoh was very instrumental in a petition signed by eight aspirants which compelled the party hierarchy’s to slash the filing fees from the initial 400,000 Ghana cedis to 300, 000 and also extended the deadline for picking nomination forms to Saturday, December 8, 2018, from Tuesday, December 4.
The new date for the election of NDC 2020 flagbearer is now Saturday, January 26, 2019.
Goosie Tanoh who is currently on the second phase of his campaign tour of the Central Region, is expected to wrap up the tour on Monday, December 10.
He arrived in his home region on Friday to begin the second leg of his campaign tour to the Central Region.
Ahead of the recently held 9th National Delegates’ Congress of the NDC, Mr. Goosie Tanoh toured some constituencies in the Central Region to ask delegates to elect him as their flagbearer to secure Victory for the party in the 2020 presidential polls.
Already, Goosie Tanoh'S 2020 campaign tour has taken him to some constituencies in the Volta Region, Greater Accra Region, Upper West Region, Upper East Region, and Northern Region where he enjoyed significant support from voters.
While in the Central Region, Mr. Tanoh is expected to canvass for votes at Kasoa, Winneba, Gomoa, Essakyir, Cape Coast, Komenda, Oguaa among others.
He has promised to be a new leader with a new vision rooted in accountability, probity and social justice for the grassroots of the party and the entire citizenry.
Goosie Tanoh says "real power will return to the grassroots” if he is given the chance to lead the party as flagbearer for the first time.
He believes the party must chart a new path to restore hope to members and create jobs for millions of unemployed Ghanaian youths.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Volkswagen, Nissan, Sinotruk to begin assembling duties in 2019- Akufo-Addo
- Now we are ready to compete, win- Goozie Tanoh
- We should have been part of the Council of Elders' meeting- Mahama protests
- EC Logo change: We owe Charlotte Osei an apology- Inusah Fuseini
- Kojo Bonsu withdraws from NDC flagbearership race
- Elikplim opts out of NDC race; throws weight behind Mahama
- Statement: Mahama's message on National Farmers' Day
- Photos: NDC's 'disgruntled 8' meet Jerry Rawlings
- Race to lead NDC: Goosie Tanoh picks forms on D-day
- Dagbon Regent raises concerns with mediation process
- Akufo-Addo commissions $40m diaper factory under 1D1F
- Amewu withdraws Ameri agreement; submits renegotiated deal
- NPP National Executives visit Kufuor ahead of grand 80th birthday
- NDC flagbearer race: National Organiser apologises to ‘Disgruntled 8’
- NDC Elders praised over flagbearer filing fee interventions