Black Stars skipper Asamoah Gyan has appealed to Ghanaians to forgive goalkeeper Razak Brimah for social media comments made during the AFCON in Gabon.
Brimah has been heavily criticised for attacking Ghanaians verbally after being criticised but the captain feels the keeper has shown remorse and must be forgiven.
“I will like to take this opportunity to plead for Razak Brimah, I want Ghanaians to forgive him, he admits he didn’t do the right thing and so he apologized".
“We the players also knew what he did was wrong and we spoke to him, I spoke to him myself, I believe he has regretted his actions and I will like to plead with Ghanaians to let sleeping dogs lie," he added.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- U-17 WWC: Ghana top group thanks to Abdulai brace
- AWCON 2018: Ghana suffers shock defeat to Mali in second group game
- AWCON 2018: Zambia dreaming big after Eq.Guinea thrashes star player Mwakapila
- AWCON 2018: Nigeria coach worried about 'snail-pace' build-up ahead of crucial Zambia test
- Development of football in Ghana – A general industrial development perspective
- AL-SMITH: Have Nigeria’s Super Falcons lost their fear factor? Looks like it.
- Yusif Abubakar: Former Aduana Stars coach dies
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea