Two friends have been sentenced to prison by the Bole District Magistrate court for stealing a TVS motorbike with registration number M-19-NR- 2674.
The prosecutor of this case, Inspector Sina Benah, in his statement to the court said, Osman Sulemana, 25, and Haruna Sulemana, 22, conspired and stole a TVS motorbike belonging to a retired civil servant in Bole and rode it towards Bole-Sawla highway.
The mechanic and ex-convict who just finished serving his prison term in November last year were chased by a neighbour of the owner of the motorbike and later arrested them help of a passer-by.
He said the two were handed over to the Bole police together with the motorbike.
Osman Mahama pleaded guilty while Haruna Mahama the ex-convict pleaded not guilty.
The Bole District Magistrate court presided by His Lordship Andrew Prince Cudjoe charge the two friends on four counts.
- Conspiracy to cause crime
- Causing damage
- Stealing and
- Assualt of the neighbor.
The ex-convict Haruna Sulemana has been sentenced to 36 months imprisonment whilst Osman Sulemana has been charged to sign a bond of good behavior.
He is also to compensate the neighbour with an amount of ¢1000 and the owner of the motorbike ¢400 in default serve 12 months imprisonment.
- 30 communities in Central and Greater Accra Regions to experience ‘dumsor’
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- #FixTheCountry: Mere speeches won’t cut it, people want something substantive – Protestors tell Finance Minister
- Government will address issues raised by #FixTheCountry conveners – Ofori-Atta
- Old students of Wesley Girls refute claims of banning a specific religious group from fasting
- Francis-Xavier Sosu: CNN interview – Akufo-Addo lied or has lost touch with reality in Ghana
- Debt increase of 137% between 2016 and 2020 lower than previous administrations – Ofori-Atta
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- #FixTheCountry: If all we need is patience, then government is misreading our demand – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme; GES directs co-operation
HIV/AIDs cases on the rise in Ada – Health Director
Accused persons urged to read and understand charges against them
Posthumous DMX album, ‘Exodus’, set for May 28 release
I’m not a suspect in my fiancée’s death investigation — AKA
One dead as 2 brothers clash over plantain
Some religious leaders quote scriptures to support child marriage – NGO reveals
Children below five must go for routine check-ups
ECOWAS must build synergies to achieve food security – Bawumia
Ecole Ronsard holds panel discussion to celebrate Mother’s Day
GCB Bank records significant growth in first quarter
Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
Traders helpless as fire razes part of Kantamanto timber market
Adina shares touching tale of how her mother saved her life
Isaac Piyouri: Africa’s Cashew industry – Retrospection 2020 and Projecting into 2021 Season
Election 2020: Abuse of recounting law caused EC’s failure to announce results within 24 hours – Bossman Asare