Audio By Carbonatix
A man who died a year ago was mistakenly reappointed to serve on the Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB), the government says.
Robert Kochalle died in May last year but was among three people reappointed to the KFCB, which regulates cinema and broadcast content.
On social media, Kenyans have been hitting out at the government saying the appointment is evidence of clumsiness in managing state affairs.
But the board’s chief executive, Ezekiel Mutua, says that it was a “small issue being blown out of proportion”.
He suggested that the mistake may have been caused by an administrative mix up following the transfer of the KFCB from one government ministry to another.
Some Kenyans online are however not content with Mr Mutua's explanation:
One twitter user @achmag_villy said, “It is not a small issue but a serious records management failure. Someone should have checked the records and advised on the change of status. Please do not belittle us…”
Some are wondering whether the man was asked for consent before his re-appointment.
A twitter user @feelhipoh said, “Daktari, when one is to be appointed are they not supposed to be called prior to at least seek their consent? I see a big mistake there.”
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
4 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
5 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
5 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
5 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
5 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
5 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
5 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
5 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
5 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
5 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
6 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
6 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
6 hours