Audio By Carbonatix
The U.S. Embassy will offer walk-in interviews to qualified applicants for J-1 work/study visas or F-1 student visas every Wednesday beginning April 22.
Applicants for student visas will not be required to schedule an interview through the online appointment system, a statement from the Visa Section of the US Embassy said on Friday.
It said applicants for J1 or F1 visas might submit applications to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section without an appointment on any Wednesday at 0730 hours from April 22 through September 9.
It said the applicant must bring an approved DS-2019 or I-20 form; a bank receipt for the visa application fee of $131 or $170.35 GH cedi; a valid passport that will not expire within six months after arrival in the US; and a completed visa application form with photograph and supporting documents.
The statement said any applicant who had been refused a J-1 or F-1 visa in the previous 12 months will need to book an appointment through the online system.
"Only the first 100 applicants on each Wednesday will be admitted for an interview," the statement said.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
NPA raises price floor for Feb. 16 window; petrol up to GH¢10.24, diesel pegged at GH¢11.34
3 minutes -
Nkoko Nketenkete: Deputy Minister presents over 100,000 birds to poultry farmers in Bono East
16 minutes -
Mahama champions gender equality at AU Summit
22 minutes -
America’s Next Top Model shaped reality TV, but should it ever have been made?
24 minutes -
GFZA climaxes Chocolate Week, urges patronage of domestic cocoa products
27 minutes -
What is the dart frog toxin allegedly used to kill Alexei Navalny?
34 minutes -
ByteDance to curb AI video app after Disney legal threat
44 minutes -
US Attorney General criticised after saying all Epstein files have been released
54 minutes -
From 256kbps to 1Mbps – NCA resets mobile data standards
1 hour -
Pereira announced as Forest boss on 18-month deal
1 hour -
Benatia leaves Marseille amid ‘growing dissatisfaction’
2 hours -
Captain Van Dijk wants ‘so important’ Salah to stay
2 hours -
SMS must deliver in 5 seconds – NCA issues new mobile service targets
2 hours -
NCA orders telcos to extend network coverage beyond district capitals
2 hours -
African Union summit clouded by Saudi-UAE rivalry in Horn of Africa
3 hours
