Audio By Carbonatix
Deputy Attorney General, Dr Justice Srem-Sai, has accused Ofoase-Ayirebi MP Kojo Oppong Nkrumah and his lawyers of relying on what he describes as a “deliberate falsehood” in their legal challenge to the Chief Justice’s directive for selected cases to be heard during the legal vacation.
His comments followed the Supreme Court’s dismissal of Mr Oppong Nkrumah’s application for an interlocutory injunction seeking to halt criminal trials being conducted during the legal vacation.

Justice Gabriel Pwamang, sitting as a single judge of the Supreme Court, dismissed the application on Friday, August 21, 2026, holding that the applicant had failed to establish a serious constitutional question warranting the injunction.
In a Facebook post following the ruling, Dr Srem-Sai said the plaintiff’s case was premised on an allegation that the Chief Justice had assigned “selected cases” to only two judges to hear during the legal vacation.
He said this formed the basis of the application for an injunction against the two judges.
“On court, however, their own evidence shows that their allegation was a deliberate falsehood,” Dr Srem-Sai wrote.
According to him, Exhibit D tendered by the applicants showed that the Chief Justice’s warrant was general and was not limited to any particular case.
He further pointed to Exhibit E, which he said demonstrated that as many as 29 judges, rather than two, were sitting during the legal vacation.
“The point, however, is that they have succeeded in preventing the courts from working for one week. Never underestimate the power of deliberate falsehood,” he said.
Mr Oppong Nkrumah filed the substantive case at the Supreme Court challenging the constitutionality of administrative warrants issued by Chief Justice Paul Baffoe-Bonnie directing selected High Court judges to hear criminal cases during the legal vacation.
Latest Stories
-
UPSA challenges students to turn classroom knowledge into real-world solutions
1 minute -
Ghana urged to build capacity to maximise China’s zero-tariff policy
14 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: TEMASCO returns to one-eighth stage after last year’s heartbreaking loss
19 minutes -
Photos: Republic Bank JoyNews Habitat Fair Day 1 draws visitors as they engage exhibitors
20 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: AHEMAA silence AHENEMMA – Kumasi Girls storm into one-eighth stage as OKESS stumble
25 minutes -
Profs4Agyarko hail newly elected NPP regional executives
26 minutes -
Bono Police arrest suspect over alleged GH¢1.1m fake gold deal in Berekum
30 minutes -
‘I will fight for NPP with a clear mind’ – Afenyo-Markin
30 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: OPASS seize control from Mim SHS, Oyoko Methodist to advance to one-eighth stage
32 minutes -
Dorimon E-Block project nears completion after decade-long stall
51 minutes -
‘Eat humble pie’ – Afenyo-Markin challenges NDC over GH¢22bn GoldBod losses
51 minutes -
Ghana secures €163m debt restructuring deal with Belgium – Ato Forson
52 minutes -
FIFA lifts player registration ban on Karela United FC
52 minutes -
New Dansoman drainage to measure 2 metres high and 5 metres wide – Engineer Tsegah
1 hour -
Burnley, Wrexham competing for Crystal Palace winger Jesurun Rak-Sakyi
1 hour