The Adansi South District Chief Executive, Mr Benjamin Anhwere, has promised to pursue an open-door policy, by “working with all and discriminating against none”.
He said he would ensure that there was a united front to fight poverty in the area, which had been blessed with enormous human and natural resources.
Mr Anhwere said this at his maiden meeting with heads of decentralized department in the district at New Edubiase.
The meeting was to enable him to spell out his development vision for the area, after his recent confirmation as DCE.
He said under his watch, the assembly would focus on the promotion of education, identify and develop tourist attraction sites and improve on social amenities.
Mr Anhwere demanded from the departmental heads, hard work, discipline, transparency and accountability.
They should also show respect to their subordinates and ensure that they play their supervisory roles more effectively to enhance productivity.
Mr Antwi Boasiako Sekyere, the District Coordinating Director, appealed to them to be time conscious and to put their expertise at the disposal of the assembly by regularly attending assembly meetings.
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Livestream: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Government sends proposal on debt restructuring to official creditors
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Burning Changfans alone will not halt illegal mining – Prof. Frimpong
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Akufo-Addo is not petty; my relationship with him is still cordial – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- FDA engages market women on food safety
- Ibrahim Mahama donates 500 bags of cement to Presec 1998 year group
- My love-hate affair with “if he wanted to, he would”
- I didn’t get the protection I needed for my difficult job – Professor Frimpong-Boateng
- The perfect age to get married, according to Science
- If I were a thief, I would’ve been one of the richest Ghanaians – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- The tables will turn one day – Prof Frimpong-Boateng reminds those in power
- Afua Sarpong Foundation launches 2023 World Preeclampsia Week Celebration, advocates for maternal health
- Malaria Prevention: Ghana explores game-changing app solution with Zzapp Malaria
- NPP and NDC take campaign in Assin North to the next level
- Nova Wellness Center marks 10th Anniversary with Patient Appreciation Day