The Police at Akatsi in the Akatsi South Municipality of the Volta Region on Tuesday arrested three suspects in connection with a home invasion robbery at Ayitikope.
The incident was reported at about 23:45 hours on Saturday, May 29 at the residency of Mr. Atsu Makafui Kumordzi, a popular lotto operator, who owns Makafui and Sons Company Limited, a licensed private lotto company.
Checks by the Ghana News Agency (GNA) from Police sources revealed that the suspects were picked up at separate hideouts within Akatsi and Dabala.
Chief Superintendent Joseph Atsu Dzineku, the Akatsi South Municipal Police Commander, who led a special team of Police Anti-Robbery Unit of the Ghana Police Service disclosed to the GNA, their outfit after picking enough intelligence concerning the robbery on the businessman, have arrested the trio for interrogation and further action.
Mr Dzineku said suspects, Ali Dzibo, aged 35, and Sampson Agbenyega, aged 22, were arrested at Dabala, also in the South Tongu District of the Volta region, while the other suspect, Zakari Omaru 46, a scrab dealer, was apprehended at Akatsi.
Chief Superintendent Dzineku further said an unspecified amount of money, bank cheque booklets, and mobile phones were found after a search on them.
He also indicated the suspects have been moved to Accra by the Police Anti-Robbery Unit for further interrogation.
“We are still investigating and all those involved in that dangerous act would be brought to book,” he added.
The residence of Mr Kumordzi was ransacked by fully armed robbers numbering about 12, at night whilst the occupants slept.
The robbers, who were shooting indiscriminately during the operation, bolted with a huge sum of money and some belongings before finally causing a massive laceration to the forehead of Mr. Kumordzi with gunshot wounds on his thigh.
The victim has since been treated and discharged from the hospital.
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
- I resigned from Shatta Movement when Shatta Wale started misbehaving – Ken Addy
- I didn’t prevent anyone from building fertiliser manufacturing plant – Agric Minister
Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
African Union dismayed over Sudan coup
Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
Appointment of Phuthuma Nhleko as non-executive Chairman of Tullow Oil plc
Livestream: Akufo-Addo launches National Alternative Livelihood Programme
Societe Generale continues outstanding performance, profit up 51% to ¢142m in September 2021
Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
GCB records 17.8% growth in profit in quarter 3 2021 but NPLs shoot up
Herbalife Nutrition honoured for outstanding HR Management Practices at 2021 HR Focus Awards
Parliament resumes sitting on Oct. 26
EU wants Sudan’s transition ‘back on track’
Twelve injured in Khartoum clashes – reports
Master act of controlling the pressure -Former NSMQ winner advises contestants as finals begin on Oct. 26
GPL: Five substitutes allowed for 2021/22 season
UN calls for release of Sudan civilian leaders