Audio By Carbonatix
Abdul-Aziz Iddrisu, also known as Baaluuse, the alleged killer of General Constable Seth Oppong-Damoah, has been re-arrested.
A police brief issued on Tuesday said that at about 1230 hours, personnel from the National Police Intelligence Directorate (NPID), Accra, in collaboration with their counterparts in the Upper East Region, apprehended the 33-year-old suspect during a joint intelligence-led operation.
He was arrested at his hideout at Polego, a suburb of Bolgatanga.
The brief said the suspect and his accomplices, who were yet to be arrested, had been on the police wanted list for allegedly attacking officers at the Kariminga Police Barrier.
During the incident, General Constable Seth Oppong-Damoah was shot dead, while General Corporals Nyanku Charles and Abu Moro sustained fatal injuries.
The brief said Abdul-Aziz had been identified as a warrior for one of the feuding factions in the Bawku conflict.
A search conducted on three mobile phones retrieved from the suspect suggested that he and others, still at large, had actively participated in the protracted Bawku conflict and were allegedly involved in multiple killings.
Further examination of the phones reportedly revealed that Abdul-Aziz belonged to a WhatsApp group named: “Trusted Friends,” which displayed the image of Alhaji Seidu Abagri, a rival chief in the Bawku chieftaincy dispute, as its profile picture.
The group was said to be mainly patronised by members of the Mamprusi and Moshie communities.
Police said the suspect was seen in a video displaying a number of AK-47 assault rifles in a sack and pistols at a location believed to be in Bawku.
He was also captured in an audio message allegedly requesting more arms and ammunition to enable the Mamprusis defeat the Kusaasis in the ongoing conflict.
Information available to the police further indicated that the suspect and another individual, identified only as Mark, currently at large, were believed to be behind the importation of weapons and ammunition into Bawku.
The brief added that on December 29, 2025, the suspect and his accomplices allegedly planned and launched the attack on officers performing their lawful duties at the Kariminga Barrier.
Police said Abdul-Aziz went into hiding after the incident but was later traced to his hideout and arrested.
Latest Stories
-
Stronger research, industry linkages needed to build a competitive digital economy – Deloitte Technology Senior Manager
14 minutes -
Economy experience high but unbalanced growth from mid-2000 to 2022 debt crisis – Former 1st Deputy Governor
30 minutes -
Tell Your Story: Political, business and industry leaders to share journey with young Ghanaians
39 minutes -
‘Gold cannot save you at 2am’ – Obuobia Darko challenges mining giants to invest in healthcare
48 minutes -
Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
56 minutes -
Eurobond borrowings over 2007-2021 used for budget financing; Ghana borrowed US$15.59bn – Opoku-Afari
1 hour -
Newborn baby found in dustbin at Kasoa Main Station toilet
1 hour -
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
2 hours -
Ho Communique: Democracy Not for Sale
2 hours -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer  Â
2 hours -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
2 hours -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
3 hours -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
3 hours -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
3 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
3 hours