An ardent listener of Joy FM has outrightly condemned polygamy.
The caller, Sam, who phoned in from Apenkwa said there is no justification for the practice. According to him, any man who practices polygamy is selfish.
He contended on Joy FM‘s Super Morning Show on Friday, that God, creating a woman out of one rib of the man is an indication that He wants man to stay committed to only one spouse.
“When God created the Heavens and the earth, how many ribs did he use to create the woman? Only one according to Genesis 2,” he said.
The discussion on Friday, April 29, centered on polygamous marriages; what propels people to marry more than one, how many ladies would gladly consent to polygamous marriages or why won’t they consent to their husbands marrying other wives?
A number of callers phoned in to the show to justify polygamy with claims that some great men in the Bible all had more than one wife. One man whose name was mentioned most was King Solomon.
“All our patriarchs in the Bible including Solomon and the likes had more than one wife,” Fafa one caller who phoned in from Adenta to contribute to the discussion, said.
Notwithstanding these justifications, Sam, emphasised that other sections of the Bible outrightly condemn the act.
“People have argued that Solomon and others had more than one wife, but when we go to Matthew 19, Jesus told them that in the beginning, it was not so, it was because of their selfish gains that’s why, thus, any man who goes in for more than one wife is selfish,” he stressed.
“And you find out that such men never succeed because they have dishonored the woman that they married [so] let us stick to one woman, honour them, treat them well and it shall be well with us, ” he added.
- ‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
- Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
- Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
- Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
- Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
- ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
- Playback: Newsfile discusses Ghana’s Fitch downgrade and Labianca case
- Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
- Barcelona register 4 new signings in time for opener
- Prosecution granted access to track phone calls of suspects in Asamankese chieftaincy violence
Bridget Otoo ties the knot at private ceremony
One Ghanaian delegate goes ‘missing’ after Commonwealth Games
BoG gives assurance cedi’s stability will be restored
Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie stabbed in the neck
‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
Schools under trees: Pupils of Apaaso DA Basic School near Kintampo appeal for help
Akufo-Addo, Ya-Na commend Farouk Aliu Mahama for Yendi City Project initiative
Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
Ghana’s economic rating downgrade reflects reality – Theo Acheampong
Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
Brazil winger Willian leaves Corinthians after ‘receiving death threats’