Rapper and singer, Kweku Flick is commending the organizers of Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, Charterhouse, for not adding him to the nomination list this year.
He made this comment after the host of Daybreak Hitz, Andy Dosty asked how come he didn’t earn a nomination in the 23rd edition of the award scheme:
“I will give a big shouts to VGMA for not giving me any nomination this year,” he said via Hitz FM.
The Kumasi-based singer’s statement came off as sarcastic to a cross-section of the listeners and viewers on social media.
The “Money” hitmaker averred that although he filed for nomination because he merited a spot due to his hard work in the year under review, the scheme decided not to include him in the list.
Flick revealed that he submitted his songs; “Attack” featuring Strongman and “No Sleeping” featuring Kuami Eugene to Charterhouse for nomination.
He also filed for the ‘Hiphop Artiste of the Year’ and ‘Hiphop Song of the Year’ categories.
Although Kweku Flick believes the Board deliberately chose to side-line him, he claimed that he wasn’t disappointed with their decision:
“I am not disappointed for not getting a nomination this year,” he said. “I am cool,” Kweku added.
According to the BKC Music signed artiste, he has taken a stand to keep his peace about the award scheme this year. However, he will not hesitate to go all out, should the VGMA Board decide to snub him next year.
In addressing Kweku Flick’s absence in the VGMA23 nomination list, PRO for Charterhouse, Robert Klah, said the rapper simply didn’t make the cut.
Kweku Flick is currently on a media tour for the promotion of his latest banger, “Ewiase”.
The 3-minute track addresses the challenges one goes through to earn a living, only for the other to be envious of their progress and success.
- Player Ratings: Black Stars suffer 3-0 defeat to Brazil
- Fitch downgrades Ghana from ‘CCC’ to ‘CC’
- Fitch downgrades Ghana to further ‘junk’ status
- Police fire tear gas to disperse protesting final year UEW students
- Obaapa Christy has hidden our last child from me since he was 2 – Ex-husband
- Otto Addo names Black Stars line-up for Brazil friendly
- Brazil’s first half brilliance ensures 3-0 victory over Black Stars
- Truck ablaze on Accra-Tema motorway affecting traffic flow
- How the Black Stars came to be known as the “Brazil of Africa”
- Otto Addo admits Brazil selection gaffe, pledges to do better
- GITFiC launches book on AfCFTA
- We’re poised to minimise debt restructuring’s impact on financial systems – Finance Ministry
- Black Sherif releases date of his debut album titled ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Voter registration: EC’s recalcitrance poses the biggest threat to Ghana’s democracy – Sam George
- Hasaacas Ladies announce marquee signing Firdous Yakubu from Ashtown Ladies
- EPCG Divine Grace Parish donate to shore up KATH blood bank
- Close down schools in Bawku over insecurity – Heads of basic schools urge GES
- Brazil exposed set piece weaknesses that Ghana has to address before the World Cup
- Joel Bortey: Tough loss against Brazil but there is time to work on mistakes
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor: Law school exam leak – GLC’s IEC must be dissolved
- Ghana card has become a tool to infringe on peoples rights – Bright Simons
- Thomas Partey’s late exclusion from Brazil clash was precautionary
- Slamm Foundation launches Nimde3 App that teaches IT skills in local languages
- Brazil 0-3 Ghana: How Brazil floored Black Stars in first half horror show
- Government must consider external debt restructuring, ignore resulting political effect – Bright Simons