British-born Ghanaian actress, Michaela Coel, has been officially announced as one of the latest additions to the Black Panther franchise.
Award-winning Michaela Ewuraba Boakye-Collinson was seen in the newest trailer released for the much-anticipated sequel, ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.’
WAKANDA FOREVER pic.twitter.com/HzXzGUgK6z— Black Panther (@theblackpanther) July 24, 2022
Since the announcement at Marvel’s panel for Comic-Con in San Diego on July 23, the trailer finally hit the internet with many fans already set for the release on November 11.
The over two-minute trailer also includes a heartfelt tribute to deceased Black Panther actor, Chadwick Boseman.
Michaela, 34, will be playing Aneka, a self defence instructor for the Dora Milaje.
The actress has made a name for herself in shows such as the comedy-drama series I May Destroy You, which won her the Outstanding Writing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie at the 2021 Emmys.
She has strong ties to her Ghanaian heritage.
The writer never hesitates to showcase her roots through fashion and other forms of art as she is occasionally draped in Ghanaian-made Kente cloth.
She is one of the six leaders in comedy honoured for Variety‘s 2021 Power of Women.
Ghanaian stylist Nana Kwasi Wiafe who was the brain behind her costume indicated that Michaela was inspired by two of Ghana’s “most powerful Queens. Nana Yaa Asantewaa, Queen of Ejisu and Nana Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem II, mother of Asantehene.”
The Black Mirror star is also reported to be joining the cast of the upcoming Mr & Mrs Smith series.
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- UK-based Hendon Golf Club donates to develop juvenile golf in Ghana
- Kuneli releases new single ‘Make I Know’
- ‘A well-deserved honour’ – Bawumia eulogises Dr. Addo Kufuor as new Chancellor of KTU
- Dog owners, breeders to raise 5k doses of anti-rabies vaccine for free vaccination in Ashanti Region
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- 23 senior high schools attend WiSTEM KNUST Stanbic girls’ camp
- Invest in Africa’s climate adaptation transition – One.Org invites world’s wealthiest countries to support Africa
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall