Total Petroleum Ghana Limited, a leading oil marketing company in Ghana, has launched its second solar service station.
The newly renovated solar service station is located at Takoradi Airport Junction and is the first of its kind outside of the Greater Accra Region.
Speaking on the project, the Managing Director, Eric Fanchini, said there are two phases of the solar installation project at the Takoradi Airport Junction but the second yet to be completed.
“The solar panels for this phase will provide power to the car wash center, the lube bay, the tyre center and the KFC on the premises,” he added.
The Airport Junction Total Service Station has 56 panels on the canopy which produces about 18 kWp of power serving the shop, the pumps and the two forecourts. This system is a grid-tier system with batteries and it comprises an inverter, AC and DC panels.
This comes a few months after Total Ghana inaugurated its first solar-powered service station at Tema Main Harbour in July 2018 in line with its commitment to environmental sustainability, innovation and premium customer service.
Mr. Fanchini explained the current installed solar capacity would enable the service station to generate enough energy to run its activities without reliance on the main electric power.
He said, “since the company inaugurated the Tema Main Harbour solar service station in July 2018, the first ever to be installed in Ghana, it has been able to save a reasonable amount on electricity cost.”
According to the company, the construction of the solar-powered service stations is part of efforts aimed at providing energy solutions that are efficient and environmentally friendly.
The Managing Director revealed the company plans to solarize at least 50% of its network stations within five years as part of its modernization plan.
He said, “Total Petroleum Ghana would continue to show its leadership strength in investing and improving the standard of its stations for the benefit of customers and the general public.”
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Upper West: 1,022 bags of maize harvested under PFJs
- Gov’t, Labour agree to build consensus on dev’t issues
- Ofori-Atta steers World Bank/IMF Development Committee on global dev't issues
- Airports Company considers reserving Terminal 2 for home-based carrier
- Gov't working to reduce aviation fuel, other airline taxes
- GNPC Foundation produces best ever local rice
- Good or bad? GUTA, AGI disagree on reduction of import duties
- Emirates rolls out special Easter menus
- Today's students are 'irrelevant' to tomorrow’s market - Ken Thompson
- Old Mutual Ghana rewards top performing staff with trip to Zaina Lodge
- Pay your taxes to ensure success of Ghana Beyond Aid policy – GRA official
- PDS blames GRIDco for Thursday’s intermittent power outages
- GRA to introduce electronic Vehicle Income Tax payment
- Aviation Ministry details why KIA is not for sale
- World's most miserable economy has seven-figure inflation