Total Petroleum Ghana Limited, a leading oil marketing company in Ghana, has launched its second solar service station.
The newly renovated solar service station is located at Takoradi Airport Junction and is the first of its kind outside of the Greater Accra Region.
Speaking on the project, the Managing Director, Eric Fanchini, said there are two phases of the solar installation project at the Takoradi Airport Junction but the second yet to be completed.
“The solar panels for this phase will provide power to the car wash center, the lube bay, the tyre center and the KFC on the premises,” he added.
The Airport Junction Total Service Station has 56 panels on the canopy which produces about 18 kWp of power serving the shop, the pumps and the two forecourts. This system is a grid-tier system with batteries and it comprises an inverter, AC and DC panels.
This comes a few months after Total Ghana inaugurated its first solar-powered service station at Tema Main Harbour in July 2018 in line with its commitment to environmental sustainability, innovation and premium customer service.
Mr. Fanchini explained the current installed solar capacity would enable the service station to generate enough energy to run its activities without reliance on the main electric power.
He said, “since the company inaugurated the Tema Main Harbour solar service station in July 2018, the first ever to be installed in Ghana, it has been able to save a reasonable amount on electricity cost.”
According to the company, the construction of the solar-powered service stations is part of efforts aimed at providing energy solutions that are efficient and environmentally friendly.
The Managing Director revealed the company plans to solarize at least 50% of its network stations within five years as part of its modernization plan.
He said, “Total Petroleum Ghana would continue to show its leadership strength in investing and improving the standard of its stations for the benefit of customers and the general public.”
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Learn from AirtelTigo merger to save businesses, jobs - Carlos Ahenkorah
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region
- Huawei to start Africa data centre services from March