The Kaneshie District Court has referred comedian, Funny Face to a psychiatric hospital for re-examination.
Born Benson Nana Yaw Oduro Boateng, the actor was charged with one count of threat of death and arraigned before court presided over by Kofi Oheneba-Kuffour.
Making his first appearance before the court on Wednesday, the ‘Cow and Kitchen’ star was not allowed to plead to his charge due to his behaviour.
The comedian who represented himself claimed he has asked his legal counsel not to come because he caused his own problems.
But the Prosecution led by ASP Sylvester Asare told the court not to heed the accused person’s plea because they suspect he is mentally unstable.
Oheneba-Kuffour, after hearing the prosecutor and defendant, directed that the accused person be sent for a psychiatric re-examination.
The case was subsequently adjourned to Wednesday, November 10.
Police on Monday arrested the comedian for threatening the lives of some individuals in a video on social media.
On Sunday, October 17, Funny Face, in a video, noted that he will take the life of Vanessa Nicole, mother of his children, and commit suicide thereafter.
Following this, the Police, in a post on Facebook, noted that its team, after apprehending Funny Face, will have him before a court and secure an order for psychiatric examination.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- Government still wasteful but imposes austerity on Ghanaians – Joe Jackson
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Who determines what is critical in this country? – TUC on public sector employment freeze
- 2023 Budget: Today’s debate to focus on Trade, Energy, Communications and Roads
- TUC has never supported government going to the IMF – Joshua Ansah
- Court remands trader for defrauding entrepreneurs
- Manifestivities concert to make big return on December 18
- South African delegation to understudy Ghana’s small-scale mining sector
- Marriages are collapsing due to high cost of living – Dr Ato Forson
- Forget Ashanti Regional NSS boss’ apology; it is hollow – GRNMA
- Equip hospitals in Africa for swift pandemic response – Prof. Christian Drosten
- Kantamanto fire: Interior Minister commiserates with affected traders
- Minority fumes over Ofori-Atta’s absence during debate on 2023 Budget
- Northern Development Forum questions delay in construction of Pwalugu Multipurpose Dam
- Playback: PM Express discuss employment freeze in public sector
- Shut down market operations during fire safety education – Bureau of Public Safety Boss
- Kantamanto fire: We got intel about fire outbreak last week – Edward Atobrah