British ministers are making plans to distribute millions of free coronavirus antibody tests after a version backed by the UK government passed its first major trials, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reported late on Friday.
The fingerprick tests, which can tell within 20 minutes if a person has ever been exposed to the coronavirus, were found to be 98.6 percent accurate in secret human trials held in June, the newspaper reported.
It added the test was developed by Oxford University in partnership with leading UK diagnostics firms.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- Agotime Ziope DCE attacks NPP’s Dzifa Kaledzi; leaves her with an eye injury
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- Gov’t committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti’s concessions, curbing illegal activities – Jinapor
- Why Wendy Shay is calling some artistes “thieves”
- Chris Hughton calls up Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer to replace injured Inaki Williams
- Socialite Van Calebs criticises popular comedians for offensive jokes
- Tottenham reach agreement with Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou to become their new manager
- Lay down your arms, we are one people -Yagbonwura appeals to factions in Lukula conflict
- Saudi Arabia’s PIF takes over Al-Ittihad, Al-Nassr, Al-Hilal and Al-Ahli
- District Court grants bail to 21 suspects in Lukula conflict
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Reliving 21 years ago armed robbery attack on me and my family
- Adom TV launches new season of ‘Adepam’ competition
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Ahafo Police begin investigation into mysterious death of NPP polling station chairman
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Ghana Association of Writers pays tribute to Ama Ata Aidoo
- Ghanaian student shines at George C. Marshall High School Awards in the USA