Veteran actor, David Dontoh, has cleared the air on his relationship with his colleague, Grace Omaboe, popularly known as Maame Dokono, after years of dating speculations.
Despite Mr Dontoh currently being married, rumour has it that the duo had a tight amorous relationship during their on-screen days.
Maame Dokono also confirmed she dated Mr Dontoh for four years “because she needed a partner to help ward off the many men that were chasing her with love proposals.”
But, in a latest interview with Adom TV’s Sister Sandy on her Ahosepe Xtra show, on Saturday, Mr Dontoh confirmed that though they have a relationship now, it is strictly platonic.
Debunking the rumours, Mr Dontoh disclosed that they never kissed, not even in the countless movies they have starred in.
“For all the years that we acted on television, we never kissed, never, but everybody keeps saying she is my wife,” he said.
He was positive that Ghanaians coined the speculation due to their enviable bond both on set and in private life despite the 18 years age difference.
“We have a very good relationship. Everybody who is sensible will know there is a relationship between us. You don’t need to touch or kiss the person to show it. There is a chemistry between how we act towards each other,” he detailed.
Nicknamed Ghanaman, Mr Dontoh made the revelation while speaking on the immorality some persons involve in, in their quest for fame.
He added that the craze for fame has been intensified such that people will go to all length, including portraying their nudity to earn the tag of celebrities.
But, in their days, he said decency was the order of the day and that was why respect is evident between all the veteran stars.
- Missing pregnant woman in Takoradi found at Axim
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Milo will need a miracle to qualify Ghana for Qatar 2022 – John Paintsil
- Tamale residents accuse Police of assault over illegal electrical connections
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
Stop doing music if you don’t have money – Mr Logic
Ghana to have Covid-19 vaccine manufacturing plant in 2 years – Prof Ampofo
Pictures of Hearts players with flowers before Kamsar game causes stir on social media
R. Kelly not expected to testify at his trial
There are still more women in Ghana than men – 2021 PHC by GSS
You cannot catch thieves forever; consumers will vote with their money if they know original from fake cables – Ghana Standards Authority
Ghanaians in USA welcome Akufo Addo with massive cheers
Ghana Mentorship Network launched to support startups
Taadi missing woman: Neighbors, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
Silver Star Auto launches all new Peugeot Landtrek 4×4 Pick Up to be assembled in Ghana
Proud and honoured – Salisu reacts to scoring first Southampton goal
Inter Allies vs AshGold saga: Musah and three others charged for participating in match of convenience
2021 PHC : Greater Accra has 2.1m residential, non-residential structures; highest in country
10 dogs maul 2-year-old pupil to death in school compound
Kudus scores for Ajax on his return from injury