Volta Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Letsa is hopeful that the commencement of domestic airline operations at the Ho Airport will boost tourism.
In an interview with JoyNews on the sidelines of the ongoing Volta Fair, the Minister said the operation will ensure that the Visit Volta initiative is well patronised by prospective customers.
“We have had tour operators enquiring already. For tourists from Accra to Ho, we are arranging vehicles to be around the airport with hotels also waiting so that we can organise flights for them from Accra so that they don’t have to travel by road.
“We expect this to be well patronized so that every domestic airline will fly to Ho as soon as possible,” he told Maxwell Agbagba.
Touching on the road network in the region, Dr Letsa said the contract for the construction of portions of the Eastern Corridor roads has been re-awarded and will soon be completed.
“We are hoping that the finances will flow so that the contractors will complete this project on time,” he said.
Meanwhile, one of the airline companies has served notice it will start its commercial flight services to Ho from Saturday, December 4.
On his part, the Hohoe MP and Railways Development Minister, John Peter Amewu said government will soon complete the Eastern rail line and the Eastern Corridor roads.
“For the railway sector, I think we have done more than enough and I think everybody can testify to this. When you look at the budget, both Eastern and Western lines have been captured, this means that government has an intention of completing them,” he said.
- Al Sadd and Andre Ayew agree to contract termination
- Close down Office of the Auditor-General – GHAMRO CEO fumes
- Ghana officially opens its market to US pork and pork products export
- Monkeypox Outbreak: Ghana records four deaths, 116 cases
- Over 4,000 Burkinabes seek asylum in Bawku West District
- Oyibi Food Poisoning: 53 persons experienced symptoms of foodborne diseases – FDA
- Minority Leadership Change: Party is not divided – Asiedu Nketia assures NDC-UK
- Adomfe goes sombre as cop, family killed in fire are buried
- CHAN 2022: Black Galaxies suffer shock exit after Niger defeat
- Police interdict officer for leaving rifle in commercial vehicle
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- Finance Minister may attempt to woo individual bondholders with new terms – Martin Kpebu
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Full list of winners at 47th SWAG Awards gala
- Playback: The Probe discusses Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Dr Ibn Kailan Abdul-Hamid appointed Head of UPSA’s Department of Marketing
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- CHAN 2022: CAF confirms change in kickoff time for final
- Newcastle sign Everton forward Anthony Gordon in £45m deal
- ‘We wanted a fresh start in 2023, but we have been worse’ – Klopp
- Brighton knock holders Liverpool out of FA Cup
- Moises Caicedo made ‘mistake’ asking to leave Brighton, says Roberto de Zerbi
- Pedri winner extends Barca’s La Liga advantage
- Chelsea sign teenage right-back Malo Gusto from Lyon in £31m deal
- Ghana signs agreements with Saudi Arabia on Hajj 2023