The family of a police officer allegedly murdered by her boyfriend at Damongo in the Savannah Region has called on the police to ensure that the suspect is apprehended.
They want whoever is responsible to be brought to book to face the full rigors of the law.
The family made this appeal at the one week celebration of Sandra Asiedu at Obuasi in the Ashanti Region.
The female Police Constable was allegedly murdered in cold blood by her civilian boyfriend in Damongo in the West Gonja Municipality.
The Father of the deceased, Victor Osei, speaking at the celebration of his daughter’s life, said the family has not been updated with any information regarding the suspect who is at large.
He also urged the the police to act quickly in their investigations for the perpetrator to be arrested.
“Police officers have been here to commiserate with us during this one-week observation.
“Family members from far also joined us, but we have still not received any information on the suspect. So when the police officers came here, we told them to ensure that the suspect is apprehended.
“In fact, we are really sad about this development because we believe that, the young man killed my daughter, but he has still not been found.
“We are appealing to government and the relevant authorities to ensure that he is arrested and prosecuted for peace to prevail,” he said.
Meanwhile, the Police are on a manhunt for the boyfriend as he is “highly suspected”.
The Police Administration has also began processes to inform the family of the unfortunate incident.
- My loss to Manny Pacquiao was deliberate – Joshua Clottey
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Kuami Eugene opens up about weight gain
- Photos: British actor Idris Elba visits Manhyia Palace
- 5 injured as Bibiani Zongo residents clash with Asante Gold Corporation security men
- Government unlikely to pay ¢4.185bn 5-year bond maturing on February 6, 2022
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Fitch reiterates position cedi will record strong performance in 2023
- CHAN: Defeats to Madagascar and Niger; is that the Ghana Premier League’s true level?
- US State Department begins POD to Ghana tomorrow
- Most businesses perceive improved economic environment; but corruption, taxes hinder progress – UKGCC
- DJSky celebrates his birthday in grand style
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Stonebwoy, Edem spotted at Grammys
- New revision to terms of Domestic Debt Exchange more complex; target may be missed – Bright Simons
- Digital Cooperation Organisation holds first in-person General Assembly hosting delegations from 13 countries
- U/E Regional Minister calls for all guns in Bawku to go silent
- In pictures: The 2023 Grammy Awards
- ‘I’m finding it difficult to marry economic crisis to Ken Ofori-Atta’ – Dr Perbi
- Newly enstooled Prampram Asafoatse pledges to work for peace and development
- Road Safety Authority to regularise operations of private schools shuttle
- Yagbonwura Sulemana Jakpa Tuntumba Bore Essa dies
- Western Region Police Command assures tourists of safety