Winner of the 2017 edition of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant Margaret Dery has resigned.
The beauty queen, who was crowned on Saturday, October 7, 2017, at the Banquet Hall of the State House in Accra, says she is no longer interested in holding the office as Ghana’s beauty queen.
Hitz @ 1 gathers that Miss Dery, just after eight months as queen has sent an email to the organisers, Exclusive Events Ghana, to formally inform them of her decision.
While the reason for her resignation is unclear, Hitz @ 1 gathers that the beauty queen had tried some months ago to relinquish the crown but was persuaded by her family not to.
Reliable sources have disclosed that there was a meeting between her and the organisers in a last attempt to salvage sour relationship between them. However, the meeting could not save the situation.
The 2017 winner of Ghana’s foremost beauty pageant, recently took to Twitter to vent her anger at the organisers.
A recent commissioning of a water project and donation to the Babuli Witch Camp in Gushegu in the Northern region raised eyebrows after Margaret Dery was conspicuously missing from the event.
That event, which was an initiative of Miss Ghana 2012, was rather attended by Afua Asieduwaa Akrofi, who was also the 1st runner-up at the Miss Ghana 2015 pageant.
Attempts by Hitz @1 to reach the organisers of the pageant for a reaction has proved futile.
Meanwhile, Exclusive Events Ghana is set to launch the 2018 edition of the pageant on August 2.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics