Winner of the 2017 edition of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant Margaret Dery has resigned.
The beauty queen, who was crowned on Saturday, October 7, 2017, at the Banquet Hall of the State House in Accra, says she is no longer interested in holding the office as Ghana’s beauty queen.
Hitz @ 1 gathers that Miss Dery, just after eight months as queen has sent an email to the organisers, Exclusive Events Ghana, to formally inform them of her decision.
While the reason for her resignation is unclear, Hitz @ 1 gathers that the beauty queen had tried some months ago to relinquish the crown but was persuaded by her family not to.
Reliable sources have disclosed that there was a meeting between her and the organisers in a last attempt to salvage sour relationship between them. However, the meeting could not save the situation.
The 2017 winner of Ghana’s foremost beauty pageant, recently took to Twitter to vent her anger at the organisers.
A recent commissioning of a water project and donation to the Babuli Witch Camp in Gushegu in the Northern region raised eyebrows after Margaret Dery was conspicuously missing from the event.
That event, which was an initiative of Miss Ghana 2012, was rather attended by Afua Asieduwaa Akrofi, who was also the 1st runner-up at the Miss Ghana 2015 pageant.
Attempts by Hitz @1 to reach the organisers of the pageant for a reaction has proved futile.
Meanwhile, Exclusive Events Ghana is set to launch the 2018 edition of the pageant on August 2.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Wendy Shay surprised with party on 23rd birthday
- 90% of people on social media live fake lives – Yvonne Nelson
- Jussie Smollett arrested over false attack report
- Video: Akufo-Addo seals SONA speech with kiss from Rebecca
- New Music: Mimlife Records new act ‘Mista Myles’ drops new song
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic