For years, tabloids were obsessed with a rumoured relationship between actress Maame Serwaa and her co-actor Bill Asamoah.
Although the two have gone on-air to deny having anything romantic together, rumours did not seem to die.
When asked what contributed to the rise of such rumours Maame Serwaa said the several roles she played with Bill Asamoah is the cause.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, she explained playing the love interest of the actor in many movies made people wonder and raise questions about their work relationship.
“I remember I did about five movies with Bill Asamoah and every time it was almost the same role. We did it very well and people wondered ‘are they dating? Are they in a relationship?’” she stated.
The young actress at one point was rumoured to be pregnant by the actor.
She told Andy Dosty, host of the show, those rumours with the actor hit her the most.
Maame Serwaa revealed she was shocked to see the tabloids come up with news about her and a man she looked up to in the movie industry.
According to her, even in movies she and Bill Asamoah have never kissed or gone too far with their acting on set.
“Bill Asamoah has never made any advances towards me or taken advantage of my work relationship with him,” she added.
She explained Bill Asamoah first advised her to ignore the rumours and focus on what she wants to do.
“I see Bill Asamoah as a father in the industry and he has taught me a lot. I really do appreciate him,” the actress said.
Maame Serwaa, with years in the limelight, decided to ignore rumours and focus solely on her career and school.
“For now, I will just do my thing. Read the script, when the story is good for me and I will play my part,” she said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled
- MUSIGA elections postponed to July 10
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman