For years, tabloids were obsessed with a rumoured relationship between actress Maame Serwaa and her co-actor Bill Asamoah.
Although the two have gone on-air to deny having anything romantic together, rumours did not seem to die.
When asked what contributed to the rise of such rumours Maame Serwaa said the several roles she played with Bill Asamoah is the cause.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, she explained playing the love interest of the actor in many movies made people wonder and raise questions about their work relationship.
“I remember I did about five movies with Bill Asamoah and every time it was almost the same role. We did it very well and people wondered ‘are they dating? Are they in a relationship?’” she stated.
The young actress at one point was rumoured to be pregnant by the actor.
She told Andy Dosty, host of the show, those rumours with the actor hit her the most.
Maame Serwaa revealed she was shocked to see the tabloids come up with news about her and a man she looked up to in the movie industry.
According to her, even in movies she and Bill Asamoah have never kissed or gone too far with their acting on set.
“Bill Asamoah has never made any advances towards me or taken advantage of my work relationship with him,” she added.
She explained Bill Asamoah first advised her to ignore the rumours and focus on what she wants to do.
“I see Bill Asamoah as a father in the industry and he has taught me a lot. I really do appreciate him,” the actress said.
Maame Serwaa, with years in the limelight, decided to ignore rumours and focus solely on her career and school.
“For now, I will just do my thing. Read the script, when the story is good for me and I will play my part,” she said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Patapaa's #Skopatumana challenge hits the internet
- I never begged D-Black for collaboration - Tinny
- 'Salma Feeds' feeds 1000 children Easter Sunday
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 16): DJ Mic Smith’s ‘Jama’ pushes 'Omo Ada' from number one spot
- Missing Taadi Girls: I'm sad but confident they will be found - Kofi Kinaata
- Okyeame Kwame, Samini join polio awareness campaign
- D-Black rejects Tinny’s request for collaboration?
- Song theft accusations don't move me - Kuami Eugene
- Mr. P of P-Square slept with my wife, broke my marriage – Diamond Plantnumz alleges
- Daasebere Dwamena ‘Wo Da Enda’ cover - Who nailed it?
- 'The 2 Pilots’ movie to be premiered April 26
- Video: You leave my label at your own loss – D-Black to signees
- Photos: Jim Iyke welcomes baby boy
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos