Rapper Sarkodie has revealed he does not know the meaning of the Ga verses sang by King Promise in his hit single ‘Can’t Let You Go’.
The musician made this revelation during his performance at the Standard Chartered Bank concert to launch their SC Mobile app.
Sarkodie, who had earlier performed back to back hits like ‘Pizza and Burger’, ‘Me Gye Wo Girl’, ‘Dangerous’ at the event, asked the audience to help him sing the chorus and bridge of ‘Can’t let you You Go’.
“Do you know I don’t understand what that means,” he told the fans when they got to King promise’s verse
Many fans did not make anything of it because the rapper is known to sing mostly in Twi. That for them is an indication he does not speak much Ga.
However, others were shocked to realise the artiste did not know what part of his own song meant even months after its release.
Below is the version sang in Ga dialect;
‘Mi dientsԑ mi suɔlɔ ee’ means – My own lover
‘Mihaaa moko po aba ohe daabi’ means – I won’t let anyone come close to you, no!
‘Kwԑmɔ, obaa gbemi ee means – You will kill me
Can’t Let You Go was released by Sarkodie to celebrate his love for Tracy a month after his wedding.
Some fans were angry at Sarkodie because his wedding was so exclusive. The venue and date were known to the few showbiz people he invited.
However, the anger seems to slip away after ‘Can’t Let You Go’ came out. Sarkodie’s rap was on point and King Promise did a great job lacing the beat with beautiful lyrics.
Sarkodie treated fans with excerpts from his wedding, the massive cake, the intimate garden wedding and scenes from the beautiful reception.
The single has amassed 6.9 million views on YouTube alone and still counting.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35
- Comedy play 'Adam in Court' stages on June 22
- Cardi B forced to perform in bathrobe after wardrobe malfunction
- 2019 MTV Movie, TV Awards: The only 10 moments people will be talking about
- I received death threats over Konkonsa show on Radio Gold - Mikki Osei Berko
- Father's Day: Celebs gush over their daddies