Rapper Sarkodie has revealed he does not know the meaning of the Ga verses sang by King Promise in his hit single ‘Can’t Let You Go’.
The musician made this revelation during his performance at the Standard Chartered Bank concert to launch their SC Mobile app.
Sarkodie, who had earlier performed back to back hits like ‘Pizza and Burger’, ‘Me Gye Wo Girl’, ‘Dangerous’ at the event, asked the audience to help him sing the chorus and bridge of ‘Can’t let you You Go’.
“Do you know I don’t understand what that means,” he told the fans when they got to King promise’s verse
Many fans did not make anything of it because the rapper is known to sing mostly in Twi. That for them is an indication he does not speak much Ga.
However, others were shocked to realise the artiste did not know what part of his own song meant even months after its release.
Below is the version sang in Ga dialect;
‘Mi dientsԑ mi suɔlɔ ee’ means – My own lover
‘Mihaaa moko po aba ohe daabi’ means – I won’t let anyone come close to you, no!
‘Kwԑmɔ, obaa gbemi ee means – You will kill me
Can’t Let You Go was released by Sarkodie to celebrate his love for Tracy a month after his wedding.
Some fans were angry at Sarkodie because his wedding was so exclusive. The venue and date were known to the few showbiz people he invited.
However, the anger seems to slip away after ‘Can’t Let You Go’ came out. Sarkodie’s rap was on point and King Promise did a great job lacing the beat with beautiful lyrics.
Sarkodie treated fans with excerpts from his wedding, the massive cake, the intimate garden wedding and scenes from the beautiful reception.
The single has amassed 6.9 million views on YouTube alone and still counting.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos
- Okyeame Kwame’s album launch, a truly Made-In-Ghana show
- Sarkodie celebrates mother’s birthday with lovely message, photos
- Non-stop live band performance rocks Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning