CEO of Exclusive Events, organisers of the Miss Ghana pageant, Inna Mariam Patty says Ghanaians are mediocre and enjoy vilification.
Inna revealed in a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee ahead of the 2019 launch of Miss Ghana that four past Queens - Stephanie Karikari, Antoinette Delali Kemavor, Giuseppina Nana Akua Baafi and Margaret Kumah Mintah - blogger Chris Vincent and his blog have been sued for defamation.
This comes on the heels of numerous allegations levelled against her as an organiser of the Miss Ghana pageant by her former contestants.
Inna described the actions of the ladies as deliberate and malicious.
“I’m sure those who are discerning will know this is a clear or deliberate attempt to destroy our hard earned reputation and in particular my reputation and what is the best way to deal with that than resorting to the legal system…we defame people with immunity and it is about high time that stopped,” she said.
“It is a shame we live in a society that enjoys vilifying people that enjoys bringing people down,” she added.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent