Audio By Carbonatix
Egypt have revealed they will use a military stadium in Cairo to host Ghana in the second leg of the sides' 2014 World Cup play-off.
It will be the first time Egypt have played in the capital since October 2011, following the Port Said tragedy and civil unrest in the country.
The Pharaohs' recent home matches have been in the Red Sea resort of El Gouna.
But they have chosen the 30,000-capacity 30 June Air Defence Stadium for the crucial match against Ghana.
It will be played on 19 November, with kick-off set for 1900 (local time).
The two-legged tie - one of five in the final African qualifying round - will decide who makes it through to next year's finals in Brazil.
Egypt's Minister of Sports Taher Abu Zeid announced the decision for the venue on Tuesday.
And it was also confirmed that fans will be allowed to attend the game.
Supporters have largely been banned from matches in Egypt since the Port Said riots at a match between Al Ahly and Al Masry that claimed the lives of more than 70 people.
Domestic football was also suspended in the country and although it resumed after a year's absence the league was again stopped in July after the military overthrow of president Muhamed Mursi's government and subsequent violence.
Ghana had already announced that the first leg of the tie will be played at the Baba Yara stadium in Kumasi on 15 October.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ga Mantse urges mining industry to protect communities beyond the life of mines
1 minute -
Empowerher in Upper West region
22 minutes -
Ga Mantse challenges mining stakeholders to consider long-term impact of Ghana’s mineral wealth
31 minutes -
Afenyo-Markin accuses GoldBod of mismanaging Ghana’s gold resources
31 minutes -
Non-interest banking products must meet required standards – BoG Governor to NIFAC
32 minutes -
Social licence to mine can be withdrawn – Ga Mantse warns mining companies
33 minutes -
X1 Energy Drink Division One Super Cup: Attram De Visser secure third place after late own goal
34 minutes -
‘A mine may close, but the community must not’ – Ga Mantse calls for sustainable mining
36 minutes -
UG Pro VC calls for an integrated risk management approach to tackle Ghana’s perennial flooding
43 minutes -
Parents can buy additional NaCCA-approved textbooks for children – Deputy NaCCA boss
46 minutes -
Youth must have a real voice in national issues beyond jobs, creative arts – EU
48 minutes -
AGTC: How women-led initiative is turning golf into jobs and tourism opportunities
53 minutes -
Exporters call for single-digit interest rates to boost Ghana’s horticulture sector
57 minutes -
Young political leaders must look beyond party lines to strengthen Ghana’s democracy – EU
1 hour -
25 female KNUST physics students receive GH¢87,500 Whittaker Foundation suppo
1 hour