Making the wearing of face masks compulsory to contain the spread of coronavirus has provided a challenge to fashionistas.
Nigerian designer Sefiya Diejomaoh, pictured above sporting a diamante-studded covering, did not want to stop being stylish, she told the Reuters news agency in the country’s commercial hub, Lagos.
“When you come out in a stylish mask or with an accessory such as this, it doesn’t seem as though we’re fighting a war. It seems more fun,” she is quoted as saying.
“People going around in surgical masks is depressing,” she said. “I have to maintain status quo and who I am despite the situation.”
“Everyone is on it right now including designers. It is a necessary fashion statement right now,” said Angel Obasi (above) who runs the Instagram account Styleconnaisseur.
Student Uche Helen, wears a face mask to match her head-band.
A Reuters photographer also spotted another woman in Lagos who went for the matching headgear and face mask combination:
Nigeria has more than 5,600 confirmed cases of coronavirus and 176 deaths from the illness.
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- TiTi Owusu returns with new single, ‘Odo Ntia’
- GNAT donates canoe to Lawoshime and Wenyagor basic schools
- Obaapa Christy mourns with gospel singer who lost brother to alleged police brutality
- Akufo-Addo appoints Baffour-Awuah as Minister for Pensions
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- We did not know Mac Iyalla was a gay activist – Nkusukum Traditional Council
- GSE grants ESLA, Daakye, 3 others extension to submit 2022 unaudited financial statements
- FBI search President Biden’s home in Delaware
- NDC chides Akufo-Addo’s government for mismanagement of Covid-19 funds
- Investor appetite for Ghana’s petroleum sector dips significantly – Alliance of CSOs
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Own your look with oraimo’s shaving products for the perfect shave
- Enough is enough – Sergio Manucho fumes at ungrateful musicians
- 4 suspects in Haiti president’s killing sent to US
- Francis Addai Nimoh formally declares intention to contest for NPP flagbearership race