Managing Director of EDC Investments Ltd, Paul Kofi Mante, has explained that the journey to financial independence is not a sprint but a marathon.
He attributes the rise in the ‘get rich’ mentality amongst the youth to the unrealistic notion that the road to financial independence is a 100m sprint.
“We don’t acquire money all at once but in bits. The journey to financial independence is not a sprint but a marathon. It is not a day event, but in bits, timing and consistency, one can make money. We need our young ones to understand that making money is not an event but a painstaking process.
“We want people to understand that with discipline, we can achieve and get the money we desire,” he said at the launch of the financial literary segment on Happy FM dubbed ‘Wo Sikasem’ on the ‘Epa Hoa Daben’ current affairs show.
According to Mr Mante, life is not an event but a journey with many learning experiences; he, therefore, urged Ghanaians, especially the youth, to set financial goals for themselves if they want to make ‘clean’ money.
“EDC and Happy FM are collaborating in teaching and promoting the culture of investment through this radio broadcast. We want to explain the principles of making money to the Ghanaian populace and in the process help many people to attain financial independence.”
Money is considered a major life course regardless of one’s profession, or social status and this campaign seek to build capacity and knowledge of money.
As multiple income streams are a necessity and not a luxury, all listeners are entreated to tune in daily for these money-making nuggets from EDC investments.
“Ecobank Development Corporation (EDC) Ghana is the securities, wealth and asset management subsidiary of the Ecobank Group in Ghana.”
EDC’s flagship fixed income fund is the biggest fund in Ghana and has grown to over ¢2.7 billion ever since its inception in 2012.
With over 80 per cent of the fund invested in government and quasi-government securities, investors are assured of the security of their funds.
One can join the EDC family by walking into any branch of Ecobank and needs a minimum of ¢50 to subscribe to a preferred policy.
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Turkey earthquakes: Christian Atsu found – Turkish media confirm
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- 5 SHS students fight for dear life after dining hall roofing collapsed on them
- Don’t behave like Finance Ministry is your personal property – Kpebu tells Ofori-Atta over nonpayment of matured coupons
- Glory to God – Social media users rejoice after Christian Atsu found alive
- Put hefty taxes on alcohol, cigarettes to generate funds money to fight cancer
- Total household spending falls by 11% in 2022 – UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce survey
- NDC to consider reforms for selecting leaders in Parliament – National Council of Elders
- We want to make VAR interventions more understandable for spectators – Pierluigi Collina
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Mukwala nets brace as Kotoko run riot against Accra Lions
- Parliament resumes from recess today
- ‘You are free to sign DDEP is not the same as exemption’ – Dr Adu Anane Antwi
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Ghana Gas to build second Processing Plant; 1.5k jobs assured
- Remarkable progress with ongoing IMF programme is significant to recovery efforts; momentum must be sustained – Ofori-Atta
- The origin of Hiplife: How rapping in Twi ‘blew people’s minds’
- Family of Thomas Sankara boycotts burial plans