Former President of the Students Representative Council (SRC) of the Ghana School of Law, Wonder Victor Kutor has been elected as one of the five members to serve on the National Executive Committee of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) at the just-ended National Delegates Congress.
At 31, Wonder Kutor’s election makes him one of the youngest persons to have assumed that high-level position in the party in view of the fact that it is a position normally vied and occupied by older members of the party.
Not only did he make history by being elected as one of the youngest but he secured the highest votes amongst the aspirants.
He went into the contest against 18 other aspirants for the position out of which, he together and four others got the nod.
He polled 1596 votes to be the first in the contest which also saw stalwarts like Araba Tagoe garnering 1017, Cecilia Asaga getting 845, Victoria Kumah-Mintah with 716 and Ephraim Nii Tan Sackey making 506 of the votes and elected in that order for the NEC membership positions.
Commenting on his election, Wonder Kutor told Journalists the delegates bought into his message which is to work hard to get the NDC elected and be in power for at least 16 years.
“I am expressing gratitude to all the delegates who welcomed me across the country and in some cases met me late in the night and in vehicles.
“I also congratulate my colleagues and most importantly, the newly elected Chairman, Johnson Asiedu Nketia.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’
- Teachers are poised to teach, but no logistics – GNAT
- Sex is a very healthy aerobic exercise – Dr. Yaw Osarfo
- Four men jailed for molesting a teenager at Agogo
- ‘I’m excited to show everyone at Southampton what I can do’ – Kamaldeen Sulemana
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Gospel artiste OJ Blaq wants to be featured on secular concerts