A former Constituency Deputy Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Wonder Victor Kutor, has donated items to some health centres in the Anlo District of the Volta Region.
The items include Veronica Buckets, tissue papers, hand sanitizers, surgical gloves, boxes of liquid soaps and an unspecified amount of nose masks.
The items, which comes in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, is his contribution towards the fight against the disease in the Volta Region.
The Volta Region has recorded nine confirmed cases.
Mr Kutor presented the items on Monday at a short ceremony.’
He indicated that the fight against the disease is everyone’s call because of of the sophisticated mode of transmission and infection.
The beneficiary health centers were the Anloga Health Center, the Tegbi Clinic and selected Community Based Health Planning and Services (CHPS) compound.
Receiving the items, the Medical Director Incharge of the Anloga Health Center, Dr George Winlove Nyasembi, thanked Mr. Kutor for his kind gesture.
He said all hands must be on deck in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
The items he noted could not have come at a better time when Ghana has stepped up measures to contain the virus, he said.
Mr Kutor, accompanied by the Vice-Chairman of Anlo Constituency and some branch executives of the National Democratic Congress, was taken around the facility to appreciate its current state.
- I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
- Citi FM journalist broke GJA Code of Ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
- Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
- Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in assault on Citi FM journalist
- Citi FM journalist committed no crime in filming at National Security premises – Samson Anyenini
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
- I won’t hesitate to sanction Chiefs engaging in ‘galamsey’ – Asantehene
- Manner of Citi FM journalist’s arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- Social media users react to arrest of Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah
Disregard purported increase in transport fares – Road Transport Operators
USDA–GPP, ADB, others partner Agrihouse for 3rd LiPF tradeshow
Judge rules Meghan Markle’s legal costs to be paid by U.K. tabloid after she wins lawsuit
Coronavirus: New variants are causing growing concern in Africa
Government to engage transaction advisors on AirtelTigo revitalization
Champions League final moved to Porto and 12,000 Chelsea and Manchester City fans can attend
Suspension of Herbert Mensah ‘illegal’ – GRFU
Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
Heavy downpour renders Damongo residents homeless
Oppression of journalists, citizens by Akufo-Addo government must stop – Sammy Gyamfi
I want a functional commercial wing – Dr. Kwaku Afriyie charges CSIR
ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
Eid-ul-Fitr: Remain disciplined, obey Covid-19 protocols, give to the needy – National Chief Imam urges Muslims
Western North Regional Minister launches “One-Child One-Desk” Initiative
GSE records impressive growth of 15.73% in April 2021; market cap. hits GH¢60.8bn